Director of Youth Ministries
Mount Vernon United Methodist Church, Rocky Face, GA 30740
We are searching for one of two options:
1. Two positions, averaging 7 hours per week; Salary $7,000/yr each
Sunday Youth, weekly: Sunday morning worship service and Sunday evening youth group;
Friday Youth, weekly: evening from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM
2. One-third time position averaging a minimum of 14 hours per week; Salary $14,000/yr
Lead a youth ministry that fosters faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and equips youth to be in ministry & missions.
Goals and Objectives
- Teach Youth the meaning of being a Christian and taking their faith into the everyday world
- Provide spiritual growth experiences that are safe, respectful, maintaining integrity of the youth and church, and teach youth to make a difference with commitments to Jesus Christ.
- Minister to the Youth
- Lead Youth Ministry on Sunday Mornings, Sunday evenings, Friday evenings, Quarterly Events.
- Select, plan, organize, lead, and guide resources, activities, outings, and spontaneous activities.
- Reach out and recruit the youth in the church and community.
- Prepare written annual youth plans, budget, and goals, with a year-end summary of results
- Perform responsibilities under the direction of the Lead Pastor
- Hired by the Staff Parish Relations Committee.
- A personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- A strong sense of calling to serve the church through youth ministry
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively and communicate with others.
- Competence in basic counseling, relationship building, listening skills for youth ministry
- Completion of college-level or equivalent
- Training in Christian Education and/or Youth Ministry
- Satisfactory Security Check; Hartman Value Profile Test; minimum age of 23; three references