Gateway Church in Austin Texas is looking for a Student Pastor of Program and Creative Arts. Gateway Church is a very unique church located in the weirdest city in Texas. Where “no perfect people are allowed,” Gateway effectively raises the church out of
the culture by creating relevant experiences where people can explore faith and can connect with others in relationships to take steps toward spiritual growth.
This position will belong to a NextGen team, this is an integrated team of children’s and student ministry staff who strive to introduce kids/students to God in relevant and age-appropriate ways, connecting them with adult leaders who will help them along
their journey and partner with parents in practical ways so that kids/students follow Christ for the long haul.
We are seeking a student pastor that could be described as a creative ninja, helping mold and execute incredible large group experiences for MS & HS students on Sundays and Wednesdays. This role requires a “jack-of-all-trades in youth ministry” type of individual,
as this role is fairly expansive. This person is not expected to accomplish everything alone but rather recruit, develop and lead volunteer teams who will give oversight to the various responsibilities needed for programs.
Your utility belt must include:
- Strong leadership and team-building skills. Your effectiveness will be determined by your ability to lead teams. No lone rangers please.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. This person will help develop a teaching team. You will be communicating with students on a regular basis.
- Extensive knowledge of staging, audio/video, and other production equipment and software.
- Uncanny ability to create stunning environments through lighting, sets, decor and sound.
- Personal love for Jesus and ability to help others (i.e. your volunteers and leaders) love and follow Jesus as well.
- Understanding that organization is of utmost importance when it comes to programs.
- Creative genius... or close to it. It comes with the role, right?
- Minimum 3 years experience in student ministry.
- Minimum 3 years experience leading and training employees and/or volunteer teams (20+ volunteers)
If you meet the above qualifications; if you love the idea of living in one of the best cities in the world, where great music and delicious tex-mex flows like milk and honey; and you can wear shorts and flip flops 10 months out of the year….then this might
be the perfect job for you.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at http://www.gatewaychurch.com/employment/