RiverOaks Church is seeking a full-time experienced Senior Pastor to lead a Godly and devoted congregation; the senior pastor needs to possess a passion for evangelism, a heart to create disciples, a deep grounding in Biblical Truth, and most importantly,
the characteristics outlined in Titus 1: 6-9 and 1 Timothy 3: 1-7. Located in the St. Louis suburb of Wentzville, Missouri, one of the fastest growing areas of the country with one of the top rated school districts in the state, RiverOaks offers the congregation
contemporary worship, active small group and men's ministries, a fantastic children's ministry, and a youth program that produces leaders and disciples for Christ. The Senior Pastor needs to have a deep understanding and knowledge of scripture (seminary training
preferred), and should be able to provide primarily expository sermons to a congregation of about 200 that contains a solid blend of mature Christians, seekers, and those new to the faith.
The RiverOaks Senior Pastor will be responsible for:
- Oversight of all church ministries, including serving as leader of the Leadership Team
- Creating and delivering sermons on Sunday mornings (currently 2 services)
- Mentoring and working in concert with the Associate Pastor
- Providing pastoral counseling and care
- Helping guide the church through its next phase of growth
- Living as a testament to Christ-like principles as an example to the church
The RiverOaks Senior Pastor should:
- Above all, have a deep knowledge of the Bible, and be adept at teaching it during Sunday sermons and in small group settings.
- Communicate effectively with multiple groups and in varied settings
- Be courageous in the pulpit, boldly proclaiming God’s word and Biblical truth
- Have a heart for the lost
- Support mission work, both locally and throughout the world
- Create Disciples for Christ
- Possess a great deal of self-motivation, confidence, and the ability to lead
- Integrate personal vision and beliefs into the existing core beliefs and vision of the church
- Be a scholar, continuing to study God’s word in order to strengthen the church
Send Resumes in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select applicants will be asked to provide video links to sermons at a later date.