Christ Church Anglican seeks a full time Music Minister to provide inspirational leadership in worship. This person will ensure that the music, mood, style, and content of worship draws people into a shared, meaningful worship experience.
- Serve as a core member of the Worship Team to plan worship services, regularly introduce new music to the worship team/church, and provide creative direction to the Worship Team.
- Oversee an adult choir and adult praise team through recruitment, team building, rehearsals, musical training, and spiritual nurture. Include the choir and praise team as a regular part of worship where it fits stylistically.
- Plan rehearsals that will effectively prepare the musicians/vocalists to lead the church in worship. This includes: the use of Planning Center Online for scheduling, song lists, charts, and demo recordings; distributing electronic music sets ahead of time;
and having the necessary equipment in place for rehearsal.
- Develop and mentor younger musicians, youth choir, and youth bands.
- Oversee all technical aspects of worship (lighting, sound, presentation, and staging) to ensure high quality and balance.
- Coordinate music for special events such as Christmas, Easter, Children’s Productions, and Outreach events.
- Take personal responsibility for Professional Development through personal study, attending music/worship workshops and events, and networking with other worship leaders in the community.
- Have a spiritual calling, quality training, and sincere passion to minister to the church through Spirit-led worship
- Have the ability to work efficiently and effectively with staff and lay volunteers
- Have good time management skills and organizational abilities
- Be able to establish effective working relationships with others
- Have a core value of excellence
- Be detail oriented, flexible, and decisive, with the ability to organize and coordinate work, set priorities, delegate, build consensus, and meet deadlines
- Be musically and vocally qualified, be able to read music and play it on an instrument
- Energetic, self-starter, work hard and love to have fun
- Have the ability to recognize and train leaders
- Able to “inspire” the congregation in musical worship
- Competency with sound, lighting, worship presentation software, and other computer technology
- Understand and appreciate the full range of music styles; traditional, contemporary, etc.
- Have or be willing to gain an understanding of the Anglican Liturgy and tradition
Evaluation and Compensation
This position takes direction from and reports to the Senior Rector. The compensation package will be established by the Vestry which will make recommendation for changes in annual compensation. $55-$65k annual salary plus benefits.
Due to the ongoing oil boom, certain officials estimate Midland's population to be hovering around 155,000 to 165,000 people. Midland’s warm climate, friendly people, and central location are the primary reasons for the city’s popularity.