The Bridge Church, located in a small community in Northwest Missouri, is seeking a Senior Pastor. The Bridge currently supports 2.5 full-time positions. Maryville has a population of 11,000+ people and has a university of 7,000 students. This is a great
opportunity to make an impact in the community. Currently, we are transitioning into a new building, 28,000 sq. ft. in a prime location in town, and are seeking a Senior Pastor that will help cast vision, bring strong leadership, and create a culture that
honors and exalts Christ. Our heart is to be “the bridge” for believers and non-believers alike to come to know and be transformed by Christ into his likeness. We desire to be used by Christ to create a lasting legacy of Disciples of Christ who will go out
into our community and world and impact many.
- Prepare and preach messages weekly that are biblical, point to Christ, and challenge congregational members to live out their faith
- Raise up leaders within the church to do additional ministries within the church
- Communicate clearly and consistently with worship pastor, staff, and board
- Meet weekly with the worship pastor to plan and coordinate weekend service accordingly
- Responsible for visiting church members who may be ill or in the hospital to provide comfort and support
- Provide spiritual counsel and support to church members through prayer and counseling
- Seek first the kingdom through any situation and be led by the Lord
- Cultivate relationships with church members andseek to be involved in church events.
- Lead, manage and develop the office staff through weekly meetings, mentoring, and accountability.
- Collaborate with the board, worship pastor, and staff to create outreach events within the community
- Oversee all ministries within the church
- Believe in and supports the vision of our church
- Manage the budget approved by the board and regularly update the board on any exceptions
- Must demonstrate a vibrant, growing relationship with God that is evidenced in all areas of his or her life, including spiritual disciplines and healthy personal relationships
- Must be a person of integrity and strive to honor God through his or her lifestyle
- Must be an outstanding listener and effective communicator
- Follows Christ’s model of servant leadership through shepherding others and humility
- Must be a student of the Word of God and continually seek to know Christ more
- Minimum of 5+ yrs experience in pastoral leadership
- College Degree in biblical studies or theology
- Believes and Embraces the doctrine of the Assemblies of God
Here is a website to give a feel of what our community is like: http://www.maryville.org/
Current Church Website:
Church Facebook Page:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume, along with a few examples of sermons you have preached either
by email: to email@example.com or
by mail to: Community of Faith Church, 921 E. 3rd St, Maryville, MO 64468.
Note: All applications not sent to the email listed above will not be reviewed. Thank you!