The Bridge Church, located in a small community in Northwest Missouri, is seeking a Senior Pastor. The Bridge currently supports 2.5 full-time positions. Maryville has a population of 11,000+ people and has a university of 7,000 students. This is a great opportunity to make an impact in the community. Currently, we are transitioning into a new building, 28,000 sq. ft. in a prime location in town, and are seeking a Senior Pastor that will help cast vision, bring strong leadership, and create a culture that honors and exalts Christ. Our heart is to be “the bridge” for believers and non-believers alike to come to know and be transformed by Christ into his likeness. We desire to be used by Christ to create a lasting legacy of Disciples of Christ who will go out into our community and world and impact many.
- Prepare and preach messages weekly that are biblical, point to Christ, and challenge congregational members to live out their faith
- Raise up leaders within the church to do additional ministries within the church
- Communicate clearly and consistently with worship pastor, staff, and board
- Meet weekly with the worship pastor to plan and coordinate weekend service accordingly
- Responsible for visiting church members who may be ill or in the hospital to provide comfort and support
- Provide spiritual counsel and support to church members through prayer and counseling
- Seek first the kingdom through any situation and be led by the Lord
- Cultivate relationships with church members andseek to be involved in church events.
- Lead, manage and develop the office staff through weekly meetings, mentoring, and accountability.
- Collaborate with the board, worship pastor, and staff to create outreach events within the community
- Oversee all ministries within the church
- Believe in and supports the vision of our church
- Manage the budget approved by the board and regularly update the board on any exceptions
- Must demonstrate a vibrant, growing relationship with God that is evidenced in all areas of his or her life, including spiritual disciplines and healthy personal relationships
- Must be a person of integrity and strive to honor God through his or her lifestyle
- Must be an outstanding listener and effective communicator
- Follows Christ’s model of servant leadership through shepherding others and humility
- Must be a student of the Word of God and continually seek to know Christ more
- Minimum of 5+ yrs experience in pastoral leadership
- College Degree in biblical studies or theology
- Believes and Embraces the doctrine of the Assemblies of God
Here is a website to give a feel of what our community is like: http://www.maryville.org/
Current Church Website:
Church Facebook Page:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume, along with a few examples of sermons you have preached either
by email: to firstname.lastname@example.org or
by mail to: Community of Faith Church, 921 E. 3rd St, Maryville, MO 64468.
Note: All applications not sent to the email listed above will not be reviewed. Thank you!
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Lead PastorEvana Network
- Goshen, Indiana
- January 16
Southwest Church - Senior PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Indian Wells, California
- January 13
Senior PastorImpact Community Church
- Rock Hill, South Carolina
- January 13
JupiterFIRST Church - Senior MinisterVanderbloemen Search Group
- Jupiter, Florida
- January 13
Lead PastorLife Church
- Canton, Michigan
- January 12
Belong: we vision for COF to be a fellowship of believers invested in building godly relationships among those who share a common trust in God and desire to share their faith with others.
Believe: we vision for COF to be a place where people can take their next step toward Christ and come into a vital relationship with Him.
Become: we vision that COF would encourage and enjoin its' members and friends to become all that God has for them with respect to their growth in grace, holiness, and the us More...