Are you the Part-Time Children’s Pastor we are looking For?
Heart of the Canyons Church in Canyon Country, California is a church family with an active, living, and growing faith in Christ Jesus. We exist to glorify God through worship, service, and mission.
Are you passionate about helping children learn about Jesus, connecting families to the life of the church, and assembling & growing a caring team of volunteers?
Are you intrigued by the idea of creating the “best hour of a child’s week” each Sunday?
Can you recruit, train and develop a team of volunteers to show God’s love on a weekly basis to an ever-expanding group of children?
Are you interested in helping a new, growing church continue to grow?
Do you have a high view of “serving as part of discipleship” and do you have a strong desire to reach unchurched families?
This is not a pastoral care position, but an equipping position to make a difference in the lives of the children and families that God is sending to Heart of the Canyons.
Canyon Country is closes to the beaches and mountains and offers unparalleled all-season outdoor adventure, first-class amenities including a strong arts community, music academy, and recreation center with established youth and adult sports programming.
www.heartofthecanyons.com or check us out on facebook.
1. Be a man of mature Christian Character whose life reflects the characteristics of I Tim. 3 and Titus 1.
2. Subscribe to the Statement of Faith, Constitution, By-Laws, Goals, and Policies of Heart of the Canyons Church
3. Possess at least a bachelor’s degree in youth ministry, Biblical studies, music or related ministry field of study. A seminary degree is a plus.
Leadership, growth and innovation of The Kids @ Heart ministry – including everything from curriculum and teaching to safety and security to volunteer recruitment and training.
Requires the ability to effectively lead a team and to raise up new volunteers at a rapid rate. Solid organizational, administrative, and communication skills are a must.
Must be extremely hard-working and demonstrate a “whatever it takes” attitude to get things done with excellence.
Other desired characteristics include strong interpersonal skills; growing leader; team builder; sense of humor; risk-taker (seminary not required).
*A solid calling to vocational ministry
*The ability to manage a large and growing children’s ministry system
*A passion for the Bible and innovation
*An ability to teach, lead classes and lead meetings (volunteers/staff)
*A team player
*A positive attitude
*A familiarity with The Purpose Driven Church Model
*A risk taker
*Experience with and passion for children and family ministry
*A drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
*A high commitment to the local church
1. Participates as a team member with a highly supportive staff.
2. Maintains scheduled office hours within the church building.
3. Reports to the executive pastor for the coordination of ministry programs.
4. Communicates to parents regarding youth ministry programs and events.
5. Other pastoral duties as assigned by the lead pastor.
Skills and Abilities
1. Current on software and technology relating to kids ministry.
2. Personable and teachable spirit by being willing to learn and grow.
3. Able to organize the day-to-day operations of ministry programs.
A competitive salary and benefit package is offered to the right ministry candidate.
Please send your cover letter resume, MP3 or a link that contains you teaching a kids service to: Marshall@heartofthecanyons.com. To be determined based upon qualifications and experience of successful candidate
If your qualifications meet our minimum requirements, you will receive a follow-up email complete about details about the position and our church