Youth Pastor and Worship Leader
Heart of the Canyons Church in Canyon Country, California is a church family with an active, living, and growing faith in Christ Jesus. We exist to glorify God through worship, service, and mission. We are seeking a full-time Youth Pastor and Worship Leader
to join our ministry team.
Heart of the Canyons Church is looking for a youthful, servant leader, with mature Christian character and solid worship leading abilities to join our leadership team. The successful candidate will be a strong team builder, able to create a young adult culture,
while being sensitive to the needs of a multigenerational congregation.
Heart of the Canyons enjoys contemporary and celebratory worship. A new vision has generated excitement for missional outreach within the community, bringing new life. See us at
www.heartofthecanyons.com or visit us on facebook.
Canyon Country is closes to the beaches and mountains and offers unparalleled all-season outdoor adventure, first-class amenities including a strong arts community, music academy, and recreation center with established youth and adult sports programming.
1. Be a man of mature Christian Character whose life reflects the characteristics of I Tim. 3 and Titus 1.
2. Subscribe to the Statement of Faith, Constitution, By-Laws, Goals, and Policies of Heart of the Canyons Church
3. Possess at least a bachelor’s degree in youth ministry, Biblical studies, music or related ministry field of study. A seminary degree is a plus.
1. Lead and coordinate various youth activities for grades 9 through 12. These include Wednesday evening programs, mission trips, camps, retreats, and special events.
2. Build relationships by personally getting to know the youth and helping them to get closer God.
3. Able to teach compelling Bible lessons that encourage teens to desire a deeper spiritual life.
4. Teaches, encourages, and promotes meaningful prayer culture in the ministry and lives of the students.
5. Builds relationships and community within the youth group through games and activities. Must be able to promote and have fun!
6. Builds a close relationship with the adult leaders that assist in the youth group ministry.
7. Develops student musicians to lead worship during youth meetings.
8. Oversees and manages the youth ministry budget.
1. Works with the Lead Pastor to plan the corporate worship of the church.
2. Leads worship in a rotation with others on the praise team in the Sunday AM service.
3. Helps to coordinate praise teams that lead the congregation in singing.
4. Appreciates a variety of Christian musical songs and styles that are contemporary.
1. Participates as a team member with a highly supportive staff.
2. Maintains scheduled office hours within the church building.
3. Reports to the executive pastor for the coordination of ministry programs.
4. Communicates to parents regarding youth ministry programs and events.
5. Other pastoral duties as assigned by the lead pastor.
Skills and Abilities
1. Current on software and technology relating to youth ministry and worship.
2. Personable and teachable spirit by being willing to learn and grow.
3. Able to organize the day-to-day operations of ministry programs.
4. Experienced guitar or keyboard player and vocally proficient in praise and worship style of music.
A competitive salary and benefit package is offered to the right ministry candidate.
Please send your cover letter, resume, MP3 or a link that contains you leading worship and teaching to: Marshall@heartofthecanyons.com. To be determined based upon qualifications and experience of successful candidate
If your qualifications meet our minimum requirements, you will receive a follow-up email complete about details about the position and our church