Church Description: Upper Room Bible Church is an evangelical, non-denominational church located in Paxton, Illinois. Our purpose is threefold: worship, discipleship, and evangelism. Our mission is to make faithful and obedient disciples
of Jesus Christ. Key distinctive characteristics of our church body include:
• An uncompromising commitment to the clear proclamation of God’s eternal, life-changing Word
• A passion for engaging in vibrant corporate worship
• An emphasis on the value of participation in small discipleship groups as a means of nurturing a
spirit of community and promoting personal spiritual growth
• A desire to participate in the Great Commission by sending out missionaries from our own body
and supporting other ministries around the globe
• A strong tradition of welcoming people of any age, culture, ethnicity, or economic status, which is
reflected by the diversity of our current membership
• An elder-led form of church governance, with the senior pastor included as a voting member of the
• For additional information visit www.upperroombible.org.
We are looking for a Senior Pastor candidate to lead a growing church from a church led by a part time Pastor to a full time Shepherd who fulfills the below requirements:
- Meets the qualifications detailed in 1Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9
- Demonstrates attitude and behavior guided by biblical principles.
- Makes time for a devotional and prayer life.
- Is gifted as:
- a teacher (preaches God’s Word boldly and effectively)
- a leader (casts vision, calls others to action, invests in developing other leaders)
- a shepherd (displays a caring and nurturing heart)
- The ability to think strategically to continue the growth of URBC.
- Has a minimum of a bachelor's degree or diploma in theology, biblical studies, pastoral ministry, or a related field from an accredited college, university, or seminary.
- Has at least 5 years of experience serving as Pastor or Associate Pastor or other related ministry with similar experience.
To apply, send resume and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide or direct us to examples of your teaching.