This individual is responsible for the overall music ministry at Peoples Church. Responsibilities include: music for worship services; leadership in special music productions; musical aspects of outreach events; and music programs involving youth and children.
They will give leadership to music worship teams, direct their day to day operations, and give oversight to the technical aspects of worship (sound and visuals) as well as Creative Arts. This person will ensure that the music, mood, style, and content of worship
draws people into a shared, meaningful worship experience.
Peoples is a healthy, contemporary, growing church. We are impacting our community in practical and relevant ways as our mission is to help people discover and thrive in the hope of Christ - together. We are known for our acts of service and compassion in the
• Serve as a core member of the Programming Team to plan worship services, select music that appropriately supports the message (message series) being presented, regularly introduce new music to the worship team/church, and provide creative direction to the
• Plan rehearsals that will effectively prepare the musicians/vocalists to lead the church in worship. This includes: the use of Planning Center Online for scheduling, song lists, charts, and demo recordings; distributing electronic music sets ahead of time;
and having the necessary equipment in place for rehearsal.
• Develop worship teams through recruiting, skill development, and team building. Develop and mentor younger musicians and youth bands.
• Oversee all technical aspects of worship (sound, presentation, staging) to ensure high quality and balance.
• Coordinate music for special events such as Christmas, Easter, Children’s Productions, and Outreach events.
• Take responsibility for Professional Development through personal study, attending workshops and events, and networking with other worship leaders in the community.
• Foster healthy community within the ministry, striving for a spirit of team work and cooperation and giving pastoral care as needed.
• Manage the Worship budget. Develop goals for the ministry per the Vision of Peoples.
• Oversight of the Creative Arts team.
To learn more about Peoples visit:
Please email the following to
• Cover Letter
• Recent video of you leading worship or a link to the video