The Journey Staten Island is currently looking for a new team member in the position of Worship Leader! We are a
brand new Church Plant. We're looking for someone to help us launch big and to join us in this exciting endeavor!
I'm Nick Mustakas and I'm the Pastor of The Journey Staten Island. And I'm looking for a young, motivated worship leader to work with me to develop a great Worship Arts Team and grow this new church. If you’re a natural born leader with music experience and
you would love to be a part of a dynamic, innovative team shaping the future of a fast growing church, then this position might be for you!
Are you called to serve in Staten Island? Staten Island is one of the 5 Boroughs of New York City and has a population of 1/2 Million People living on it with very few Christian Churches. Are you interested in helping a new church grow and reach this often
forgotten part of New York City?
Are you passionate about raising up musicians and volunteer leaders, leading a proven music and worship planning system, and growing a music ministry in a multi-site setting?
Are you interested in developing and growing a healthy volunteer structure of musicians and singers?
Can you lead worship at a high level, and bring musical excellence to the stage, to worship planning, and to cultivating highly experienced musicians in Staten Island?
Do you have the passion to be a part of a brand new church plant and a desire to reach the unchurched?
This is an equipping position to make a difference with the best and the brightest from around the world that make up the The Journey Staten Island.
- A Solid Calling to Staten Island (New York City) and a high commitment to the local church
- The ability to manage a large and growing Music Team System
- Hard-working with a "whatever it takes" attitude
- A passion for the Bible and innovation, as well as worship and the arts
- A familiarity with The Purpose Driven Church Model
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
- A team player with solid organizational skills
- A high level understanding of music and music direction in a contemporary / rock context
- Must lead worship while playing an instrument (Guitar preferred)
- Strong Vocalist
- Can teach other vocalists vocal parts
- Can direct a talented group of musicians in a rock style band
- Ability to read and write music notation and chord charts a must
- Working knowledge of audio reinforcement and recording, video projection and lighting
- Working knowledge of musician production software
- Knowledge of how to create tracks a plus
IF YOU WERE SERVING WITH US, HERE ARE A FEW THINGS YOU WOULD HAVE DONE LAST WEEK:
- Scheduled musicians, singers, and production volunteers for a service 2 months away
- Sent hand-written 'thank you' notes to key volunteers
- Participated in a planning meeting to prepare for upcoming services
- Researched possible video clips for teaching pastor to use in upcoming teaching series
- Led process of casting, recording, and editing video projects to be used in Sunday service w/ volunteers and video editors
- Made improvements to how portable equipment is organized and labeled
- Led a weekly small group
- Made phone calls to people interested in serving with the Worship Arts Team
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER will be considered. In the cover letter please include a
LINK TO A VIDEO of you leading worship.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 4 questions:
(1) Why you are interested in this position?
(2) Why you would feel comfortable relocating to Staten Island (New York City)?
(3) Define your call to ministry.
(4) And what about you makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
Please send cover letters and resumes to nick@journeySI.com Please no phone calls.