Title: Leader of Worship and the arts
Hours per week: half-time (20-25 hours weekly) Salary range: 24k-28k annually/plus paid vacation
Simi Covenant Church in Simi Valley, CA (www.simicovenant.org) is looking for a new part-time worship leader.
1. Leader of worship celebrations.
2. Architect of worship design
3. Equipper of both the band and other volunteer musicians.
4. Manager of the tech team, worship band/s, and worship equipment.
5. Mentor to those in your sphere of influence (tech team, band, worship team, choir).
6. Director of choir at least once a month (if potential candidate is not equipped to direct a choir, then the compensation will be lessened, and the church will use the other remaining monies to find a once a month choir director in addition to our new
We currently have a paid, professional, beloved band of musicians that helps the worship leader accomplish weekly worship. These musicians rotate in and out and play for such bands as: Rod Stewart, Jefferson Starship, Frankie Valli, etc. So, the current
level of musicianship at the church is high. The church desires that the new worship leader begin the process of developing a volunteer worship band to lead once in a while in addition to our paid musician band.
Office hours: Because musicians so often need their space, the only weekly required time will be Tuesday staff meetings. The rest of the week is flexible in terms of the 20 hours. You will have an office, and it will be very helpful for the unity of the
staff to interact with you both officially at the weekly staff meeting, and informally around the office.
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications
1. Musical: Able to read music, direct musicians, and play at least one primary instrument (preferably guitar or piano).
2. Leadership: A proven ability to gather, inspire, direct teams, and communicate effectively.
3. Management: Able to manage budgets and time, lead a band, direct a choir, equip volunteers, and develop leaders.
4. Professional: Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills (i.e. speaking in between songs while up front).
6. Technical: Proficient with computers and software.
Choir: We have a cherished choir (about 25 people) and though no previous experience in leading a choir is required, we are looking for someone who is willing to work with our choir at least once a month, and also to lead the choir in special songs from
time to time. The choir usually has the summers off.
Other details: We would love for this person to develop the “arts” part of the job description. Creativity, openness, and finding others who bring different forms of worship (dance, painting, drama, etc) would be welcomed and encouraged. This position is
also in charge of the tech team: i.e. making sure the easy worship person and the sound person show up weekly and are fully trained. Finally, this position is in charge of special worship services centering around Christmas and Easter.
Contact person: Senior Pastor Mark Almlie email@example.com please send resume, cover letter, and youtube or audio clip, to above email
About the Church: We are a church of 300 people. We are a 48 year old (started in 1964), multi-generational, Jesus Loving, Evangelical Covenant congregation. Our four core values are: meaning, beauty, grace, and truth. Our desire is to help
people find meaning in their lives, gaze upon the beauty of the Lord, experience the grace of Christ, and follow the truth of scripture.
This position is in charge of the Church’s overall worship ministry, designs worship services in collaboration with the senior pastor, and reports directly to the Senior Pastor.