Associate Pastor who oversees the worship/music ministry team of the church by developing, coordinating, and administering Spirit-led worship, excellent, engaging music & arts ministries, providing leadership and supervision of programs, musical and technical staff and equipment. Existing support staff will contribute significantly to several areas of responsibility. For a full job description and further instructions on how to apply go to www.LovingFamilies.us/openings.html
- Consult with the senior pastor regarding themes of regular services, special events and programs for appropriate musical selection.
- Assist the senior pastor in establishing distinctively styled Sunday morning services.
- Lead (vocally) and direct the worship at regular and special services, utilizing worship teams.
- Oversee an adult choir through recruitment, rehearsals, musical training, and spiritual nurture. Include the choir as a regular part of worship where it fits stylistically.
- Oversee an adult praise team through recruitment, rehearsals, musical training and spiritual nurture. Include praise teams as a regular part of worship where it fits stylistically.
- Oversee an adult praise band (including instrumentalists) through recruitment, rehearsals, musical training and spiritual nurture. Include praise bands as a regular part of worship where it fits stylistically.
- Enlist and use talents within the church to participate in the music ministry
- Oversee the development of “artistic expressions of worship,” including drama, as a regular part of worship where they fit stylistically.
- Supervise, coordinate, and schedule all vocalists, sound technicians, lighting technicians, computer technicians, video technicians and music department staff.
- Supervise and coordinate the use, implementation and maintenance of sound, lighting and worship related equipment and instruments.
- Select and purchase all needed music, equipment and instruments, as well as all related resources in the music and worship department.
- Preparing, presenting, and implementing all budgetary matters related to this ministry (with Administrator assistance)
- Attend weekly staff meetings for prayer, encouragement, calendar planning, ministry implementation and evaluation.
- Work with the appropriate committees and staff members to carry out the worship/music ministry and the overall mission of the church.
- Implement logistical details and provide support and expertise for concerts, musicals and special evangelistic efforts that involve music and other technical areas of the church including Community Christian School.
- Cooperate with the senior pastor by performing other duties when asked to do so.
- Have an evident calling, quality training, and sincere passion to minister to the church through Spirit-led worship
- Have the ability to work efficiently and effectively with the staff and volunteers they enlist and equip to serve
- Have good time management skills and organizational abilities
- Be a multi-tasker who can discern, analyze, and wisely resolve ministry issues
- Be able to establish effective working relationships with others, with genuine love and concern
- Have a core value of excellence
- Be detail oriented, flexible, and decisive, with the ability to organize and coordinate work, set priorities, delegate, build consensus, and meet deadlines
- Submit to the leadership and established policies and doctrine of the church
- Quality singing voice
- Able to read music and play it on an instrument
- Able to “inspire” the congregation in musical worship
- Able to lead a choir rehearsal and direct a choir with excellence
- Able to lead praise team practice
- Competency with sound, lighting, and computer technology
- Understand and appreciate the full range of music styles, traditional, contemporary, etc.
- Ordained Minister
- Southern Baptist Convention experience or familiarity with Southern Baptists
- Agreement with The Baptist Faith and Message (for doctrinal alignment)
- Conservative, Evangelical (so there is like-mindedness with the church and senior pastor)
- College degree; Seminary degree a plus
- Must have several years’ experience in church worship/music ministry including worship leading
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Evaluation and Compensation
This position takes direction from and reports to the Senior Pastor. The compensation package will be established by the Personnel Committee which will conduct an annual performance evaluation and make recommendation for changes in compensation. $55-$65k total package (which includes benefits).
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Music/Musician (Youth & Young Adults)Private Profile
- Houston, Texas
- January 20
Worship LeaderCrosspointe Church
- Sanger, California
- January 20
Worship Pastor - 1768MinisterSearch
- Centennial, Colorado
- January 20
Harvest Bible Chapel - Director of WorshipVanderbloemen Search Group
- Sacramento, California
- January 20
Director of Contemporary Worship -1723MinisterSearch
- Great Cincinnati Suburb, Ohio
- January 20