Kaw Prairie’s mission is to change lives with Jesus' love. We're a Christ-first community church grounded in the grace-filled theology of Lutheran (ELCA) and Presbyterian (PCUSA) traditions, and fueled by evangelical passion and Kingdom-heartedness.
Our vibe is casual on the outside, serious on the inside--and our vision is "to become a reproducing, disciple-making church where the passionate find their purpose, the struggling find support, and the skeptical find their Savior."
This position is responsible for providing vision and leadership, and overseeing program management, pastoral care, and strategic direction for middle and high school youth ministries. The Youth Director will work with adult-volunteer
teams to grow students in spiritual maturity, while equipping adults and students for ministry, leadership, evangelism and outreach. Exceptional ministry, project and volunteer management and administrative experience is necessary.
Responsibilities of the position:
- Continue to develop and grow the Sunday night WILD youth ministry program, working with church staff, volunteer adults and youth leadership.
- Plan, oversee, execute and evaluate all programming and oversight for Sunday night (currently) and Sunday morning (upcoming) youth programs
- Continue development of the congregation’s annual High School-level Confirmation of Faith/Affirmation of Baptism program.
- Recruit and develop a team of adults to serve as youth leaders during the weekly youth ministry evenings and scheduled special youth events.
- Oversee planning, fundraising, and execution of all mission trips, fellowship events camps, special events and other Christian outreach activities for the youth.
- Lead and equip students to grow as disciples, to serve in the community, and to lead friends and families into an intimate relationship with Jesus .
- Bachelors degree and/or previous experience in teaching and leading youth and their families. A minimum of 5 years experience is preferred.
- Long-term commitment to youth ministry.
- Exceptional interpersonal, relational, and leadership development skills, with a passion for inviting and assimilating guests and newcomers into ministry.
- Proven track record of organizational leadership, including recruiting, equipping and nurturing paid and volunteer staff and team leaders.
To apply, please email the following to HR@kawprairie.org
- Your compensation history