General Description: This is a position that requires a confessed believer in Jesus Christ who is passionate about reaching/discipling students. The basic responsibility of this position, in concert with the lead pastor and staff, is to
provide strategy, oversight and leadership in the area of student ministry (i.e. from pre-school kids to senior high students).
GENERAL DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS: This spiritually-mature leader should lead by word and example as he supports the Lead Pastor, staff and lay leaders in introducing our children to Christ; discipling them in spiritual growth; training
them to serve Christ with their life, and equipping them to accomplish our stated mission (Worship, Work, Walk, and Witness). A complementary focus is to assist (as able) parents/guardians in raising their children to a wholesome maturity. Character qualities
must include strong moral/ethical character, demonstrated integrity; trustworthiness; faithfulness; humility; transparency; self-control; approachability; willingness to grow and change (a “teachable” spirit), devotion to his family; and a willingness to persevere
in God’s work. This leader must exhibit a passion and a gifting for children/youth ministry with knowledge, skills, and experiences demonstrating the ability to fulfill the responsibilities of this position. It requires skill in public speaking and verbal
and written communications as well as team building skills.
Youth Ministry Leader
- Provide overall strategy, oversight and leadership for the youth ministry which will include
senior high and junior high school teens
- Be the primary teacher during youth meetings
- Develop strong relationships with youth and their parents
- Provide direction and leadership in the areas of discipleship, assimilation, youth events, etc.
- Exemplify a Christian lifestyle as a role model to youth through personal testimony
- Schedule, prepare curriculum/activities and participate in a midweek youth program
- Develop youth activities that will encourage discipleship, mentoring and the spiritual growth of teens
- Communicate with teens and their parents with integrity and grace
- Evangelize and minister to the lost through outreach activities for the glory of God and His kingdom
- Counsel youth with wisdom and discernment
- Promote and grow youth program with informed and defined calendar of events
- Work within the budgeted guidelines set forth by the leadership
- Recruit and develop lay leaders to help share the load and needs of teens and or events
- Communicate with leadership and other staff on a regular basis to keep them informed
- Plan and lead trips to either youth camps or mission trips
- Involve the youth in other church ministries so they are not “separate” from the body
- Children’s Church Leader
- Provide overall strategy, oversight and leadership for the children’s ministry which will include pre-school age children
up to 5th grade
- Direct, recruit, and train CC teachers and helpers to provide an excellent learning experience for children during Sunday services
- Follow up with parents and children with a phone call or letter or a personal visit
- Overseeing any disciplinary issues that need to be addressed between parents and children
- Developing or choosing the curriculum that is doctrinally sound and relevant to the different age ranges
- Planning and directing our annual VBS summer outreach to children or developing other outreachvenues like Backyard Bible Clubs for neighborhoods, Sport Camps, etc.
- Oversee and help with the Good News Clubs that meet in local elementary schools
- AWANA Leader
- Provide overall strategy, oversight and leadership for the Wednesday night children’s ministry geared towards evangelism and discipleship of children up to 5th grade.
- Direct, recruit, and train AWANA leaders and helpers to provide a fun and gospel driven program.
- Follow up with kids or their parents with a phone call or letter or personal visit.
- Overseeing any disciplinary issues that need to be addressed between parents and children.
- Planning the AWANA calendar year with scheduled breaks for volunteers
- Ordering materials necessary for this program
What must this candidate accomplish to meet or exceed the responsibilities of this position?
- Create a dynamic environment where the youth are being befriended and drenched with the love of Jesus Christ.
- Lead the youth into a more knowledgeable and passionate relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Grow daily in your own personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Develop and use good discernment when deciding which “ideas” best fit our youth and our culture.
- Minimum of 3 years of prior ministry experience (i.e., internship or staff at a church)
- Preferable a B.R.E degree from a Bible College/Institute or have a comprehensive working knowledge of the Bible with a Youth Pastor major or Christian Ed. Background
- Strong daily walk with the Lord
- Commitment to serve Jesus Christ
- Passion to work with and disciple youth
- Team building skills that focus on equipping others to serve by using their gifts and talents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks
You can learn more about Crossroad Community Church at www.crossroad-community.com