The Director of Youth Ministry (DYM) is a full-time position, where he/she will be responsible for the oversight of youth programs, sixth grade through twelfth grade. The DYM will work 40-45 hours per week, which will also include time spent with students
outside the office.
The primary role will be to teach, disciple, and develop relations with the youth, and to recruit, train and develop leaders who will intentionally help the youth of the North Jersey Vineyard to grow in their relationship with Christ.
The Director of Youth Ministry will:
1) be responsible to work with the Youth Ministry Team in development of a unified strategic plan that includes the following key areas: clearly defined values, mission statement, leadership development, evangelism, disciple making, worship, Bible teaching,
personal accountability, and ongoing evaluation.
2) have direct oversight for the following key areas of ministry: Junior High Fellowship Night, Senior High Fellowship Night, Sunday Programs, and Special Events/Activities.
3) serve as a liaison with Pastoral Staff and Ministry leaders to ensure that students are integrated into all church ministries as much as possible.
4) perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Pastoral Staff.
5) be responsible for recruiting, training and developing adult leaders who have a passion for shepherding and discipling students.
6) encourage the development of close Christian friendships based on trust and acceptance.
7) plan and implement special activities, i.e. - mission trips, retreats, etc., appropriate for the age group.
8) design, develop and implement the ministry with the objective of providing a ministry that is attractive to both the youth of NJV and pre-Christian youth.
The DYM is held accountable by being under the supervision of the Pastoral Staff. An annual review will be conducted by the Pastoral Staff, which then will be further discussed with the DYM in January.