Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
Director of Youth Ministry
Brethren in Christ
30 hours per week with potential to move to full time.
The Director of Youth Ministries is responsible for all aspects of ensuring spiritual growth and development of students (grades 7th through 12th). This includes leadership of weekly programs and periodic special events (retreats, conferences,
mission trips, service projects, etc.).
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead a team of volunteers in the creation and operation of a student ministry, including weekly activities and routine special events.
- Plan and execute biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high-energy weekly meetings for students.
- Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers as needed to staff weekly programs and special events.
- Assist in the development of an annual budget for student ministries and manage spending to budget.
- Review and plan for curriculum needs
- Be available to the youth (and their parents) for counseling and encouragement in both formal and informal ways.
- Function as a member of Pequea Church staff performing baptism services, attending staff meetings, and serving on the Family Ministry Team.
- Grow student ministries both spiritually and numerically.
- The candidate must agree with the doctrinal statement of the Brethren in Christ church
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical studies or related field is preferred. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.) The applicant should be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possessing a passion for teaching students about the
way of Jesus Christ, ability to organize events, and good communication skills in teaching and motiving large groups of teens. Creativity in programming and some knowledge of basic technology is helpful. Send resumes to Daleen Charles, Executive Pastor
at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for resumes- April 15th.