Church/Organization/Company Name: Stone Ridge Community Church / Ridge Ministries
Learn More: http://www.ridgeministries.com/
Location: Decorah, IA
Stone Ridge Community Church [SRCC] is a contemporary evangelical church located in North East Iowa. It is part of a multi site church effort known as Ridge Ministries. Decorah is situated 50 miles west of the Mississippi river and Wisconsin, 20
Miles south of Minnesota. It runs through beautiful limestone bluffs that offer opportunities for Hunting, Fishing, Canoeing, and many other recreational activities. The population of Decorah is 8500. It is the home of Luther College that adds about 2500 students
to the population each school year.
Stone Ridge Community Church is a young community designed to connect with people who are seeking spiritual direction. Our vision and motto is… “To build and multiply Christian communities that reach new people for Christ and disciple them to become
fully committed followers.”
We are Christ–centered in our faith, Bible–based in our teaching, and evangelical in our outreach.
Our church sustains about 250 people in weekly attendance, with our high well over 300. The church is multi-generational and diverse with a family-oriented community.
1. Ministry Overview.
Stone Ridge Community Church is seeking an experienced campus pastor/ leader and follower of Jesus Christ who has a passion and skill set for providing visionary leadership, discipling followers with a gift for biblical preaching and teaching, and reaching
our community with the message of hope and love found in Christ. He should possess a clear vision for a local, regional, and global ministry, strong communication skills, a track record for developing new leaders, and a passion for people, along with a proven
ability to motivate and encourage others to be a part of God’s redemptive work. He will also need to understand and work with our existing partnerships with Converge MIBC and Converge Worldwide.
a. Personal Qualities
- The Campus Pastor shall meet the New Testament requirements for office as listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- An inherent grace orientation in relationship to God and other people.
- Energy and passion in implementing ministry.
- Attitudes and behaviors guided by biblical principles.
- A strong devotional and prayer life.
- Comfortable serving in a Midwestern community
b. Professional Qualities
- Preferable experience as a Campus or Senior Pastor.
- Embrace and hold the doctrinal statement of Stone Ridge Community Church/Ridge Ministries.
- A strong desire to work within a team structure empowering and developing leaders for the future.
- A degree from an accredited, evangelical Seminary or Bible School.
- Experience in and/or a heart for reaching the community (strongly preferred).
- Has a desire to work in a team environment coming to the table as part of the team God will use to further His Mission. (preferred).
- The awareness of and ability to employ current technology for effective ministry.
3. Spiritual gifts and skills.
- The candidate for Campus Pastor should have demonstrated leadership, communication, and relational skills.
- The ability to think strategically and envision new possibilities for the ministry of SRCC.
- Strong biblical preaching for life transformation and the ability to cast and communicate in a contagious and compelling way a clear vision for SRCC and Ridge Ministries.
- Being a strong encourager and lover of people and being effective at interpersonal communication as a listener and speaker.
4. General Responsibilities.
- The Campus Pastor of SRCC shares leadership responsibilities with the Lead Pastor of Ridge Ministries as well as the senior leadership team. The Campus Pastor is the primary day to day leader and change agent of the church and the teaching leader of the
- The Campus Pastor of SRCC will:
- Lead the church in executing its vision through…
- Regular pulpit supply (preaching and teaching)
- Leadership development of staff and lay personnel
- Modeling outreach and discipleship
- Provide counsel, support and servant leadership for the existing staff and ministry leaders.
- Work as an integral part of a leadership team to further Ridge ministries and all its campuses.
- Build coalitions and partnerships with other neighborhood churches and community organizations.
Applicants should send their resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Stone Ridge Church Search in the subject line.
Also applicants need to include an audio or video file or web link to a recent sermon. Video is preferred.
History of the church will be provided upon request.