General duties and responsibilities:
To support the Vision, Purpose, and Process of McKinney Church by leading all components of communications and marketing.
Position is ultimately responsible for oversight and execution of all aspects of Communications and Marketing outlined below:
Work in conjunction with the Executive Pastor to create and implement a communications strategy and timeline, which reflects the priorities and vision of McKinney.
McKinney Church, Student Ministry, Pastor Blog, Social Media, Fellowship One user portal
• Content creation and management
• Artistic and creative excellence
• Efficient and effective functionality including style, usability, search engines, and implementing new technologies
• Timely and strategic updates
• Lead all efforts related to the creation and development of new websites
• Develop system to organize, prioritize, and communicate promotional items related to McKinney Church and its ministries.
• Create communication strategies to market, inform, and promote teaching series, big events, and other campaigns assigned.
• Create and implement communications strategies related to both ongoing stewardship and special fundraising campaigns
Oversee all written materials related to promotions
Includes: Weekly Bulletin, Brochures, Posters, Signs, etc.
Will require writing or securing writers
Editing and proof--reading for accuracy and appropriateness
Lead efforts to design all art and promotional materials related to church--wide activities with a high standard of creativity, excellence, and effectiveness.
Network with paid and volunteer artists to develop graphic designs.
May need to do design work and layout for majority of print pieces and in-house work.
Work closely with McKinney video director to produce creative and effective promotional videos: concept, scripting, video shoots, editing and post-production.
• Monitor the look, vibe, feel of all promotional materials representing McKinney.
• Police the use of logos and images that represent McKinney
• Create policies and procedures related to the branding of McKinney and related entities.
Develop volunteer teams as deemed necessary to accomplish communications goals. Recruit, train, and care for volunteer such as artists, designers, photographers, writers
• Strong Leadership
• Self Starter
• Highly Creative
• Strategic Planner
• Tuned in to cultural trends
• Team Player
• Follows detailed and/or conceptual instruction well
• Takes Initiative
• Positive and Optimistic Attitude
• Independent Worker
• Doesn’t mind being interrupted
• Ministry Minded
• Good Listener
• Maintains Confidentiality
COMPETENCIES/SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING PREFERRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
• Some college preferred
• Knowledge, Skills and abilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrable competency in the following software:
- Microsoft Office
- Premiere (Optional)
- Mac and PC Operating Systems
• Successful goal setting, follow--up, and achievement skills
• Ability to focus and specialize on specific tasks
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Positive interpersonal, influence and issue free skills
Please submit all resumes and cover letters to our Executive Pastor, Justin Atkins, at email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive Director - Creative MinistriesHope Community Church
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- October 27
St. Mark's Church - Audio/Visual DirectorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Burlington, North Carolina
- October 26
Christ Church - Director of Marketing & CommunicationsVanderbloemen Search Group
- Lake Forest, Illinois
- October 26
Graphic Artist/WriterNorth Avenue Presbyterian Church
- Atlanta, Georgia
- October 24
Communications DirectorChapel Hill Bible Church
- Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- October 20
McKinney Memorial Bible Church
At McKinney Church, our desire is to "develop Christ-centered people who make a difference." We believe that happens as they connect with Christ; transform in community; and engage their world.More...