Kingsway Christian Church has an opening for a Student Ministries Associate. We are excited to see who God brings to our team to partner with us in reaching and impacting the next generation for Jesus.
Our vision is broader than just the 240 students who are an active part of our weekly programming. It is a vision that focuses not merely on programs and events, but on equipping Life Group Mentors to relationally disciple students while partnering with
parents to inspire and equip them to be the spiritual leaders within their homes.
Our singular purpose as a church is to honor God by equipping spiritually distracted families to become passionate followers of Christ. To gain a better understanding of Kingsway’s vision, core values, and beliefs as well as our history, staff, and leadership,
Kingsway is a growing, healthy church that averages around 2,400 in attendance each Sunday. Our 70-acre campus and 198,000-square-foot building is located in Avon, Indiana – a suburb on the west side of Indianapolis. Kingsway was planted in 1974 by families
from Chapel Rock Christian Church and experienced the pastoral leadership of John Caldwell for 36 years until his retirement in June of 2010. We have recently undergone a God-led and extremely smooth leadership transition during which Matt Nickoson has assumed
the role of Lead Pastor. We are continuing to pursue the next wave of what God is calling Kingsway to be and do, both in Avon and around the world.
In addition to compensation, we also provide health benefits, retirement packages, an expense account, and a discount for children of staff members to attend Kingsway Christian School.
To Apply: Please visit our website at
http://www.kingswaychurch.org/employment/ for more details. Along with your resume, please also submit an online application, cover letter, references and a sample of your teaching via link or hard copy.
student associate | grades 7-12
FLSA: Exempt | Full Time
Responsible to: Student Team Leader
Mission and Purpose: Provide leadership, teaching, curriculum development and assistance for various student ministry programs.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Communicate with Students Team Leader and Team Members to establish teaching schedule and themes for student ministry environments
- Provide leadership over the programming environments of Thrive and Engage on a scheduled, rotational basis, based on the following guidelines: (1) Design each week’s program to accomplish clear communication of God’s truth, incorporating creative elements
such as video, worship, experiences, games, etc. (2) Consistently and clearly communicate with a team of volunteer leaders from various student ministries to outline the agenda for each week’s program. (3) Distribute weekly agenda to volunteers in a timely
manner. (4) Providing strong stage leadership of the program, creating a charismatic and dynamic environment to engage students.
- Produce small group curriculum related to the programs of Thrive or Engage, based on the following guidelines: (1) Using the main point(s) of each week’s message to strategically craft questions that foster discussion of the main point(s), questions, activities,
and challenges that help apply the main point(s) & curriculum that has students engaging the Bible to seek truth in regard to the main point(s). (2) Consistent and clear communication of all small group questions and curriculum to the team of volunteer leaders
in a timely manner. (3) Overseeing the preparation of the curriculum materials for each week’s program. (4) Maintain life group bins from the Sunday evening environments.
- Attend and assist in the leadership of the Junior High Journey
- Be available for regular office meetings each week
- Be available each Sunday for miscellaneous job responsibilities
- Teach the Junior High Life program on a rotational basis
- Regularly connect with students on a pastoral level when necessary and pray for students, sponsors and the Student Ministries
- Bachelor’s degree in Ministry related field required
- 2-3 years of progressively responsible ministry leadership experience
- Proven large group teaching skills
- Required Qualities and Characteristics: (1) Intuitive, entrepreneurial and visionary leader, (2) Mature Christian with clearly articulated theological understanding, (3) Team player with good relational skills, (4) Exhibits a passion for student ministry
and ability to engage youth culture
- Must be willing to become a member of Kingsway Christian Church