Seneca Creek is a 21-year-old church located in the DC Metro area, serving a culturally diverse community. We are a missional minded church committed to developing fully devoted followers of Christ whose faith is fully integrated and lived out daily. We
are a contemporary, grace-filled community that accepts people where they are while challenging them to grow and change. We are searching for a strategic thinking, visionary, highly relational student ministry pastor to shepherd and lead our students into
Our student ministry is not a youth group that merely provides entertainment, but a ministry that develops student leaders to make a difference in the world. Seneca Creek allows its student ministry pastor wide latitude to innovate and the freedom to pursue
ministry without being micromanaged. The ideal candidate will be able to develop and execute ministry across middle and high school with the help of our part-time middle school director. This position has future potential to include leadership of a college-age
ministry and multiple paid staff.
Candidates must have a passion for reaching and equipping students to become all God created them to be. They must be able to confidently address relevant issues facing students with grace and truth that is not judgmental or condemning. They must possess
excellent public speaking skills with the ability to contextualize the gospel in culturally relevant ways that include the effective use of media.
It is critical that candidates are able to relate to and develop adult volunteers while at the same time developing a strong student leadership team. Candidates must be self-motivated and a self-starter, able to think strategically, and define a path forward
to accomplish ministry initiatives. Candidates must have at least five years experience leading in student ministry and formal theological education from an accredited institution. Requirements:
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to build rapport with adult volunteers and students.
- Strong teaching gifts with the ability to develop and deliver culturally relevant messages that engage, challenge, and inspire students to grow.
- Able to see beyond the internal student ministry to develop students and volunteer leaders to take ministry out into the community.
- Able to develop and equip leaders in order to give ministry away.
- Ability to connect with a multi-cultural congregation in an urban/suburban setting
- Minimum five years experience leading in student ministry
- Formal theological training from an accredited institution