SENIOR PASTOR POSITION
* Please read this profile with the required qualifications before submitting a resume.
Cypress Bible Church (CBC) welcomes around 1200 worshippers of all ages to its 31 acre multi-building campus located twenty miles northwest of Houston, Texas. In 2001 CBC completed construction of its newest building which houses a 1200 seat auditorium, a “Commons” foyer area, adult classrooms, and a 17 room early childhood wing.
CBC will celebrate its 40th anniversary in the fall of 2013. It has a rich history of quality Bible teaching, a focus on international missions, and strong youth and children’s ministries. CBC employs a staff of 30 – with 16 pastors and supports 60 missionaries around the globe. In recent years, CBC has strengthened its commitment to local outreach and sending short term teams during summer months.
The Cypress area is very fast growing and multi-ethnic. The population in our Cy-Fair ISD school district grew by 69% and the area immediately surrounding CBC by 43% over the past decade. There is great ministry potential in Houston, with 87% of its inhabitants being un-churched. While much is Anglo, Houston is a picture of the US in that it is becoming increasingly multi-ethnic with the Hispanic population growing the fastest.
At CBC we have many committed people and gifted staff but lack a central person to further develop and cast a central vision. We are looking for a man to join our pastoral staff team who will be our primary Sunday morning speaker and vision-caster, pulling our church together in a common direction and moving on to greater effectiveness.
SPECIFIC MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary Communicator – preaching at 3 services 70-80% of the time
- Expository approach to Sermon preparation
- Effectively communicates God’s Word in an engaging and relevant manner
- Communicable passion for prayer
- A visionary leader and an effective vision communicator
- Team builder and team player in pursuing vision for CBC
- Effectively unites congregation in pursuing vision
- Leads, feeds, and protects the congregation
- Genuine, communicable love for congregation
- Highly relational person that thrives in public life
- Understands how smaller parts of the church ministry fit within the big picture of the church
- Ability to lead staff and lay-leaders in ongoing assessment and direction of the church
- Experienced in transitioning a church or churches to the next level of effectiveness
A CONCISE LIST OF POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
Before submitting a resume please affirm that you fit all of the qualifications listed below.
- Significant spiritual, character, leadership, relational, organizational, and passion qualities.
- A minimum of three years experience as an effective Senior Pastor of a church of 750 or more.
- A minimum of five years experience in effective senior level leadership of a church of 750 or more in attendance.
- Have a seminary degree or higher from a reputable institution.
For a more complete profile of the position and to find out application requirements, please go to http://www.cypressbible.org/srpastor.html
All application materials are to be sent to SeniorPastorSearch@cbcintl.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior PastorWoodcrest Chapel
- Columbia, Missouri
- January 22
Senior PastorMeadowdale Baptist Church
- Calhoun, Georgia
- January 21
Sr. PastorEast Chain Evangelical Free Church
- Granada, Minnesota
- January 20
Senior PastorFirst Baptist Dexter
- Dexter, Missouri
- January 19
Senior PastorFirst Baptist Church of Westerlo
- Westerlo, New York
- January 19