High School Ministry Director
This is a Full-Time opportunity
The High School Director at Mission Community Church is dedicated to living out the Micah 6:8 vision to “do justice, love mercy and walk humbly with God.” The High School Director oversees multiple aspects of the High School Ministry: Weekend programming,
Small Group Curriculum and Event Planning. This person has got to be a workhorse. You need to be known as someone who gets things done and goes beyond people's expectations.
- Assist in the creation and execution of weekend worship gatherings, events, camps, retreats and service opportunities. The creation and vision casting will be done in partnership with the High School Pastor, while much of the leg work will be done, or delegated,
by the person in this position.
- Work closely with the adult and student leadership teams to ensure that everything in that first bullet point happens. Your job isn't to do it all, but to help make sure that it gets done.
Communication: Support the communication efforts of the High School Ministry to students, parents and volunteers. Fundraising: Work with the High School Pastor to develop fundraising initiatives. Assimilation: Assimilate new students and families into
the HSM and larger church body. Teaching: Teach 25% percent of the time in our weekend HSM gatherings.
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience required
- Over 2 years experience in Student’s ministry
- Must have a personal, growing relationship with Jesus.
- Must have a minimum of two years working in full-time youth ministry, leading a ministry of at least 100 students.
- Must be willing to work on a cooperative team, including giving and receiving healthy and helpful feedback.
Important skills/personal traits
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Clear demonstrated commitment to Mission Community Church (membership required).
- Fully supportive of and engaged in the Micah 6:8 vision.
- Must be a demonstrated team leader, team builder, and team player with fantastic relational skills.
- Walking humbly with God demonstrating a growing personal relationship with Jesus
- Teachable, with a desire to grow
- A good role model
- Must be self-motivated, driven, and passionate about leading students and a student ministry team.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to