In order to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume/information to: http://kidmin360.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2u7a2q8wbt4
KidMin360 Search has partnered with Visalia First Assembly of God, located in beautiful central California, in search of their next Children’s Pastor.
This church of 3300+ (weekend attendance) has a rich history of growth, solid leadership and outreach to the community. That history continues today under the leadership of Pastor Robertson, who says “we’re a church for the community!” and wants to
meet that goal by not only engaging the community outside the walls of the church, but also provide a high “wow” factor in everything they do within the walls of the church.
The church is committed to engaging people by asking them to participate in two experiences per week. First, engage in worship with the church body. Second, engage in another smaller community experience (small group, bible study, etc.) during the week.
They truly believe that the lives of those who will engage for one year will be changed forever.
The Children’s Pastor will sit on the Executive Leadership Team.
The Children’s Pastor will serve as chief leader of Children’s Ministries (Kindergarten through 6th grade) at Visalia First Assembly. While all the ministries at Visalia First will work together to serve the greater vision of the church, the Children’s
Pastor will effectively execute the implementation of the overall vision to the context of Children’s Ministry in a way that will be practical and relevant to children and their families. Additionally, the Children’s Pastor will be:
- Required to work at all weekend and mid-week worship experiences.
- Required to work during all worship experiences on Christmas Eve and Easter, as well as other possible events outside of normal working hours as required by leadership.
- Lead teams of paid staff and non-paid volunteers who make up the Visalia First Children’s Ministry volunteer leader team.
- Leading and overseeing the weekend and mid-week Children’s Ministry; opening and closing the Children’s Ministry area, ensuring adequate coverage and facilitating all worship experiences.
- Responsible to have full knowledge of the mid-week Children’s Ministries in order to appropriately lead the team who directly facilitates these activities.
- Responsible to have full knowledge of the training, orientation and observation of Visalia First Children’s Ministry volunteer leader team members during weekend worship experiences in order to appropriately facilitate these activities.
- Plan and organize any Children’s Ministry outreach events.
- Develop relationships with new and existing families so as to partner with and encourage parents as they seek to raise their children in the Lord.
- Responsible for the selection and development of curriculum for students K-6th grade.
GOALS AND EXPECTATIONS
The effective Children’s Pastor will achieve the following goals during the first 24 months of work:
- Create a vision of strategy for outreach in Children’s Ministry.
- Assist in creating and implementing a strategy that reaches out and draws families in.
- Minister to families of children and aid in connecting what happens on the weekends with what happens at home. Come alongside parents by providing resources and encouragement in their journey.
- Minister to, energize and recruit Children’s Ministry volunteers.
- Provide a model for those who attend Visalia First by being an example of personal integrity, discipleship, and evangelism.
- Increased participation in large events such as Summer Camp, VBS or similar activities.
While many metrics will be used to determine the success of the Children’s Pastor, success will be primarily measured on the effectiveness of implementing his or her new vision for Children’s Ministry and increasing the number of children and families attending
- Education: Formal education is not a predetermining factor for the selection of the new Children’s Ministry Pastor. However, it is likely that they will hold a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. A degree in Children’s
Ministry or a Pastoral related field is preferred, but not required.
- Experience/Skill: The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working in a mega church setting committed to reaching the unreached with a high degree of innovation, recruitment, and retention of new members. Proven experience
in creative thinking and problem solving is strongly preferred. Work history in communication and leadership is a must. In sum, the successful candidate will be ready to go, to “plug and play” from day one on the job.
- They will excel in recruiting and leading leaders.
- They will communicate to both students and parents with authenticity, authority, passion and effectiveness.
- They will be reliable in the execution of a plan, and dependable to deliver the goals and expectations asked of them.
- They must have background with an Assemblies of God or like-doctrine church.
- Personal Characteristics
- Strong, demonstrated relationship with Jesus Christ, guided by a commitment to following the principles spelled out in the Bible for living a life of thank service to God.
- A demonstrated high level of integrity, guided by a sound set of ethical principles.
- A chemistry with Visalia First Assembly team that “fits”
- An unrelenting passion for leading people to faith.
- An excessive amount of grace and love for those living far from God.
- A tenacious and persistent spirit for achieving named goals.
- A proven track record of being a self-starter, entrepreneur, and goal-oriented worker, with an unusually strong work ethic.
- A proven ability to recruit and retain leaders into student ministries.
- A high energy spirit and work ethic.
- A proven commitment to equipping staff, members, and key players, and releasing them to do their ministry within appropriate boundaries.
- A team player and team builder who focuses on the good of the entire organization and can inspire others to work together to achieve organizational excellence.
- A strong communicator who listens well and is comfortable and effective at all levels of the organization; one who thrives on providing the necessary support for others to succeed.
- Proven skills that foster trust, fairness and teamwork among staff, members, and volunteers, and a common focus on excellence in all areas.
- An ability to take time to study and understand the culture before making major changes to the organization.
- Evidence of creatively leading a ministry in which participants were consistently surprised and delighted by the outcome. Evident of a consistentfactor in ministry.