Pastor of Discipleship
First United Methodist Church is a growing church in the Northland suburbs of Kansas City. We have a wide range of generations present in our 150 year old church. We are in need of someone who can work closely with the Senior Pastor in developing and implementing
a discipleship plan for our growing and generationaly diverse church.
- Develop and implement a strategic discipleship plan for First United Methodist Church, including:
a. Asses strengths and weaknesses in current discipleship system
b. Development of a process that strategically moves individuals from being first time guest to a person committed to Christ at First United Methodist Church.
c. Provide leadership to a lay-led new guest connections and follow-up ministry.
d. Provide leadership in development a new member assimilation process along with the Senior Pastor
e. Work closely alongside Children and Student Discipleship Pastor in developing cohesive plan of discipleship for the whole family.
f. New leader recruitment and development
2. Teach classes and Bible Studies as needed.
3. Provide pastoral and spiritual care to the congregation including,
a. limited hospital visitation
b. spiritual mentoring, especially of leaders
4. Provide leadership in worship including:
a. Regular leadership in worship services
b. Help plan worship
c. Preach 6-10 times per year in all services
As a result of this position, we expect:
1. A dynamic and comprehensive small group ministry that helps people grow in their relationship with God and with others.
2. A successful integration of adult ministry with our children and youth ministry.
3. In all of the above we expect numerical growth as well as growth in depth as evidenced by the changed lives of the people who are participating.
Hours and Expectations:
- This position is full-time (45+ hours a week), with presence required on Sundays.
- This position is salaried and includes benefits.
- Must be personally growing in a relationship with Christ and able to lead others in that journey.