Fellowship Church is a dynamic missional church of 4,000 in suburban west Knoxville, Tennessee with an exciting and growing high school ministry. The High School Ministry Associate Pastor serves in the Student Ministry Team of the Church. The Associate
assists the High School Pastor and others on the team in providing spiritual care to high school students and their families in order to lead the church’s student ministries toward meeting their established objectives and priorities. This full-time position
reports to the High School Pastor for all work responsibilities.
1) Leadership Development and Discipleship
- Participate in the ongoing development of vision and strategic planning for the ministry’s growth.
- Share in the development/oversight of student leadership
- Assist in the integration of our students into ministries and overall vision of FEFC.
- Aid in the recruiting, training, and nurturing of volunteer leaders.
- Engage students with relevant teaching as needed.
- Lead a small group
- Meet with interns on a regular basis
- Coordinate HSM Small Groups (development, recruitment, training, etc.)
- Organize Missions Opportunities for HSM (local and Mexico)
- Partner with High School Pastor in the coordination/execution of HSM Sunday mornings (leading game, announcement, behind the scene, etc.)
- Collaborate in developing the teaching and activities calendars.
- Program, event, & retreat planning and implementation.
3) General Pastoral Duties
- Attend to day-to-day administrative responsibilities.
- Appropriately engage with and communicate to parents and families.
- Actively participate in weekly team meetings and pastoral and church staff meetings.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to God’s Word
- Personal integrity and moral purity
- Love for students
- Emotional and social maturity
- Warm and enthusiastic personality
- Leadership gifting and initiative
- Highly effective interpersonal skills
- Strong communication and teaching skill
- Administrative gifting and organizational skill
- Self-motivation and self-starter
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Capacity to work well in teams
- Small-Group Bible study experience
- Basic understanding of adolescent development and needs
- Computer and web skill
Proven student ministry leadership in a large church settiing