Mountain View has a strong history of mission-oriented ministries locally, regionally, nationally, and globally. Over 1,200 families worshipping at seven worship services in three locations call Mountain View home. We are looking for someone to lead our
ministry of deepening discipleship and broadening educational opportunities for people of all ages.
Compensation is negotiable.
Check out MVLC by downloading our mobile app by searching Mountain View Lutheran Church or going to our webste at www.mvlutheran.org
Christian Discipleship Director
Full Time - 40 hours a week
Design, develop, direct and evaluate a year-round educational ministry for all ages including Sunday
morning and mid-week programsfor ages 3 years through 5th grade and adults. Must work well under
pressure; meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. Shall at all times demonstrate
cooperative behavior with pastors, staff and members of the congregation.
- Plan, staff, and coordinate year-roundmid-week educational offeringsfor all ages and School year
- Sunday morning classes for pre-school through 5th grade and adults.
- Coordinate summer discipleship ministries including, but not limited to, educational programs on Sunday mornings and Vacation Bible School
- Develop and direct 3 to 5 community service projects each school year
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteers including, but not limited to, assistant directors, teachers, and helpers, including fingerprinting and/or background checks
- Direct the Stepping Stones Ministry including First Bible, First Communion, and 5th grade transition to Confirmation
- Develop and implement a communication strategy to connect with parents, families, community groups, and staff
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or prior teaching and education planning experience
- Exceptional communication skills with both children and adults
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups and the measurement of training effects
- Strong Christian background and faith life and a willingness to engage in the life of MVLC
- Team player and willing to work closely with all staff