This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Rockledge, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 10/31/2008
Categories: Senior Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
Grace Fellowship of Brevard, Inc.
Job Description: Senior Pastor (P-1)
Definition and Summary of Position:
The Senior Pastor is responsible for the entire Grace Fellowship ministry. In addition to his primary duties of preaching, teaching, and pastoral guidance, he directs and evaluates the Grace Fellowship staff. He regulates by precept and example in setting the spiritual tone of the Grace Fellowship work, its message and ministry direction. He is responsible for the standards of achievement in Grace Fellowship internal ministry and represents Grace Fellowship to the public-at-large.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Define vision, goals and strategy for Grace Fellowship.
2. Evaluate the evolving needs of the congregation, and work to strengthen the present program in keeping with those needs.
3. Supervise the work of program staff members, meeting regularly with, and providing leadership to them in areas of individual goal setting and accountability.
4. Build solid staff relations
5. Work with the elders in carrying out the mission and ministry of the church.
6. Participate in the selection of church leaders and provide leadership training.
7. Perform other ministerial duties including baptisms, counseling, administer ordinances, perform weddings and funerals, and visit the sick.
Necessary Knowledge and Skills:
Strong planning, organization, management, leadership skills and be highly motivated and a self-starter. Must have the ability to relate to and effectively lead staff and volunteer workers and must have a pleasant and understanding attitude in dealing with members of the congregation and community.
? Graduate of an accredited college seminary
? He is ordained.
? Previous management/pastoral experience is highly desirable.
He is expected to be a man of God and to do those deeds, which will glorify God not only through his work with the church, but in every aspect of his life. He must be maturing spiritually through personal Bible study and prayer. He must be in agreement with the statement of faith and purposes of the church as given in the constitution. He must meet the qualifications given in the church constitution. If married, his wife must also share these qualifications.
The Senior Pastor, per the Grace Fellowship constitution, shall be accountable to the congregation. In daily operation accountability is primarily exercised through accountability to the elders. He shall keep the Grace Fellowship elders informed regarding internal and external ministries of Grace Fellowship.
He must be in agreement with the Statements of Doctrine and Faith and of Christian conduct as set forth in the Grace Fellowship Constitution and By-Laws.
3505 Murrell Road
Rockledge, FL 32955
Attention: Administrator or email