Northside Christian Church is looking for an energetic, engaging person in our pursuit to worship and glorify the name of Jesus. This role will develop and implement an overall strategy to provide care, counseling and support group ministries. The person in this position will have responsibility for overseeing all aspects of the Care Ministry including: planning, mobilizing, training, and empowering teams of lay leaders, together with staff and Christian professionals. NCC is a growing community of believers with an average weekend attendance of over 5000 people. We are an independent Christian Church that is an Elder protected, Staff led fellowship in New Albany, Indiana.
• Develop and support ministry teams and professionals of the Northside Care ministry.
• Provide ministry leadership and development for all care ministries, including support-groups
• Provide leadership, support and coordination of the staffs’ activities within and related to the Care Ministry.
• Coordinate and communicate with other Ministry Teams regarding the activities of the Care Ministry.
Administration and Communication:
• Prepare and/or review internal and external communication for the Care Ministry.
• Attend meetings: including staff and ministry team meetings as related to the Care Ministry.
• Be knowledgeable of ethical and safe practices that minimize the church’s liability.
• Oversee the required billing and other payments involved in counseling.
• Provide resources, documentation and communication for leadership as directed.
• Develop annual budget for the Care Ministry area / oversee the day-to-day stewardship of the budget.
• Work with local agencies in providing care and rehabilitation options.
Care, Counseling and Consultation:
• Make assessments and/or refer to appropriate internal or external care and counseling resources.
• Develop, plan and oversee the expansion of our counseling ministry through expanded lay involvement.
• Train and supervise counseling personnel and support group facilitators in the Care Ministry of the church.
Volunteers and Lay Leaders:
• Identify, recruit and train necessary leaders for the Care Ministry.
• Collaborate with ministry lay leaders in identifying and mobilizing new leaders.
• Identify and invest in relationships of people who have a passion and gift for care ministry.
• Meet regularly with ministry lay leaders for individual spiritual development, prayer and problem solving.
• Provide coordination and direction regarding the day-to-day execution of the ministry.
Care Team Leadership and Development:
• Review with designated team members, goals and objectives for each ministry team.
• Oversee the day-to-day leadership of designated team members including paid staff.
• Invest in relationship of team members (regular team meetings, one-on-one).
Other general responsibilities:
• Due to the confidential nature of individual membership records, pastoral
counseling, and much of the correspondence of staff, it is absolutely essential that the
Pastoral Care Minister respect this confidence.
• Since the Pastoral Care Minister’s position is comprised of many diverse elements, the minister should be flexible and cooperative in working with others at all times. When called upon by the staff and approved by the Associate Pastor, she or he should be willing to perform such tasks, which might not be considered part of the normal job description.
Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the Associate Pastor.
• Desire to continuously learn and serve others.
• Caring heart and desire to help heal those who are hurting and broken.
• Honest and trustworthy.
• Integrity for work habits and results.
• Ability to discern needs and respond appropriately, sensitively and proactively.
• Appreciation for own and others giftedness.
• Ongoing desire and effort to grow more Christ-like in character.
• Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Strong listener.
Skills and Talents:
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Knowledgeable concerning relevant legal and ethical issues.
• Possess good oral and written communication skills.
• Able to multi-task and maintain composure under pressure.
• Begin and end projects within reasonable timeframe.
• Self-starter needing minimal supervision.
• Works well with others and within a team.
• Energized by non-routine assignments.
• Creative and innovative.
• Work within budget parameters.
• Align with organizational vision, goals, values, and policies.
• Proficient with current technology and communication tools.
• Bible College degree preferred
• Preferred 5 years experience in Pastoral Care or equivalent experience.
• Experience in church-based ministry.
• Experience in developing and leading volunteers and teams.
• Trained and experienced in conflict resolution.
This is our holistic direction as Church leaders and lay leaders that we’re committed to living out in our daily lives. Expectations are everything and the Word leads us in this living.
• Gathering (weekend worship experience)
• Guarding (personal growth and protection of unity)
• Grouping (involved in group life)
• Giving (time, meaningful service, & faithful financially)
• Going (willing to share faith & invest well into others)
Interested candidates should submit:
Cover letter and resume (including references).
Share your life verses from the Bible, include why they have become part of your journey.
Provide a brief outline of the last time you shared the Gospel. Include any results/next steps
List your weaknesses in ministry, how you’ve realized them and allowed them to not hinder you.
Take the Strength Finders 2.0 test @ http://www.strengthsfinder.com (email your results)
Email your complete package to: email@example.com
DO NOT POST YOUR RESUME HERE. MUST BE RECEIVED BY EMAIL
You may also submit by mail to:
Northside Christian Church
ATTN: Pastoral Care Minister
4407 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive PastorThe Worship Place
- Georgetown, Texas
- January 17
Waterbury Campus PastorFaith Church
- New Milford, Connecticut
- January 17
Student PastorChurchology Staffing
- Lake Worth , Florida
- January 17
High School PastorMcKinney Memorial Bible Church
- Fort Worth, Texas
- January 16
Associate Pastor: Next Gen & WorshipCommunity Church of Hudson
- Hudson, Iowa
- January 16
Northside Christian Church
Northside started with a group of people who desired to follow Jesus and met in the basement of a house in 1970. What happened in the next 40 years can best be described by saying, “Only God.” Whether it's making an impact on the community, preaching the Gospel or moving locations to gather, the elders at Northside have always taken risks to follow God. That’s what it means to follow Jesus as a Church. And we can’t wait to see what Christ does in the next 40 years through His Church! To be His Church is an invitation of a lifetime and we More...