Job Description - Overview
Job Title: Church Administrator
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Position Status: Full-Time Regular-Exempt
Salary Range: $37,000 to $53,000 – Based on Experience
Purpose: The church administrator is responsible for facilitating church communication, supporting staff and team leaders to implement ministry, and managing church business.
Procedure: Resumes accepted through April 15. Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 4900 W. Cortaro Farms Rd. Tucson, Arizona 85742.
Job skills & Requirements
- A committed Christian who will participate and engage in the New Life community.
- Feel comfortable with the culture and doctrine of New Life as presented in our
30 Core Competencies and our Teaching Doctrinal Statement (Available at
- A bachelor’s degree and administrative field experience preferred.
- Knowledge of computer systems, including word processing, electronic communication software, membership software and financial reporting and accounting software.
- Good relational skills and a heart to care for people.
- Must be able to lead meetings when necessary and be available for church meetings as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversee the contact database for the church, ensuring effective methods of gathering, maintaining, and utilizing information for ministry. This includes personal information and ministry data.
- Oversee external church communication (website, mailings, emails, texting, phones, apps, newsletters, blogs, and
Facebook) in order to support the ministry of pastoral staff, elders and team leaders.
- Oversee internal church communication (bulletin, announcement slides, video monitoring, and developing technology).
- Be an advocate and facilitator of the ministries and vision of the church under the direction of the senior pastor and elder board.
- Manage the website on a daily basis to ensure its impact, usability, and accuracy.
- Coordinate periodic email newsletters concerning sermons and teaching, connection groups, men’s, women’s, children, youth, and Primetimers through website request.
- Facilitate staff and team leaders to direct ministry through the website to increase its effectiveness.
- Oversee non-pastoral staff: currently a bookkeeper, receptionist, custodian, and web developer.
- Support pastoral staff and team leaders with the administrative framework they need to serve each other and the body.
- Organize training and encouragement structures for the elders and pastoral staff to empower team leaders.
- Develop staff policies and procedures in conjunction with the elder board and pastoral staff.
- Administer an annual performance review of non-pastoral church staff and assist the senior pastor in administrative details of reviewing pastoral staff.
- Oversee the hiring and termination of support staff in harmony with senior pastor and Elder Board.
- Coordinate vacation schedules to maintain office coverage, ministry support, and facilities care.
- Oversee the church bookkeeper in the receipt, deposit, and disbursement of all church funds.
- Oversee the purchasing process and the church’s vendor relationships. Evaluate church needs (insurance, phones, equipment, etc.) and regularly evaluate competitive packages and pricing.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly financial reports for ministry team leaders, staff, and elders.
- Maintain a proper cash flow control to meet obligations.
- Prepare an annual church budget with the elders by gathering input from team leaders and staff.
- Manage the budget, informing the elders of issues with as much foresight as possible.
- Advise the Elders for audits and reviews of the church’s financial statements.
- Oversee the administration of the payroll for the church employees.
- Oversee the maintenance and development of church facilities in conjunction with Custodial/Maintenance staff.
- Coordinate requests, checkout, returns, and calendaring of buildings, land, equipment, and vans.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures concerning church property and equipment.
- Assist staff and volunteers by coordinating classrooms and church facilities for events.
- Oversee the security of the church.
- Maintain an inventory of church property and equipment.
- Oversee the maintenance and replacement of all office equipment and computer systems and a list of maintenance reports and servicing requirements for all equipment.
- Oversee the internal computer back-up system and implement an off-site back-up database.
- Facilitate equipment training for staff including help from outside agencies when needed.
- Obtain advice on legal business and tax matters for the church and ministerial staff.
- Assist the elders in coordinating meeting information and attending meetings upon request.
- Participate in weekly office staff meetings.
- Oversee the event calendar and work with special event coordinators (weddings, funerals, etc.).
- Facilitate the organization of volunteer help as needed.
Evaluation & Compensation
The church administrator reports to the Senior Pastor and will receive an annual performance review by the Senior Pastor. Compensation is reviewed annually by the Board of elders. The church administrator serves as staff liaison with the Elder Board and
other ministry team leaders as needed.
Approved and adopted by the New Life Elder Board March 4, 2013.