Reynolda Church Venue Worship Leader Job Description
Who We Are:
Reynolda Church, an Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC), is one church that will soon have multiple locations throughout the Piedmont-Triad area of North Carolina. We exist to share the healing presence of Jesus Christ, which we have so richly experienced
ourselves, with those in our region. We believe in the centrality of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the balance between grace and truth, and the importance of a shame-free environment. Our worship revolves around these beliefs, is Spirit-led and filled, celebratory
in nature, and contemporary in style.
The Venue Worship Leader is each campus’ lead artist, musician, and technician. As lead artist, this person will not only grow in and use his own artistic abilities to lead the artistic worship life of each campus, but will also recruit and reproduce more
and better artists to do likewise. As lead musician, this person will recruit, train, coordinate, and lead musical teams to direct corporate musical worship. As lead technician, this person will provide oversight of all of the campus’ technological aspirations,
needs, and issues. This will require recruiting, training, and leading technological teams. Above all and in all of these roles, this person will demonstrate a deep love for Jesus Christ and the worship life of His people.
- Faith: Must have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, strengthened through God’s Word, prayer, and community.
- Doctrine: Must embrace the sovereignty of God the Father, the lordship of Jesus Christ, and the current-day work and gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- Life: Must be in good standing within his current church community.
Must have successfully served as an artist, musician, and/or technician for a church or para-church organization.
- Education: Must have completed, or be working toward the completion of, a four-year degree at an accredited college or university, or possess the equivalent experience in worship leadership.
The Venue Worship Leader will possess the ability:
- To lead musical worship through song with a passion for and experience with the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- To arrange songs and musical sets that flow with and connect to other liturgical elements of the worship service.
- To conduct musical worship in a manner that invites full participation from the congregation.
- To envision and seek life transformation in the worshipping congregation.
- To demonstrate strong vocal and instrumental skills and the ability to train and encourage others in these skills.
- To appreciate and execute songs from different times and genres (i.e. hymns, modern, classic worship songs, etc.).
- To develop relationships with musicians and technicians and form teams thereof in order to produce excellent worship experiences.
- To communicate with musical and technical teams regarding song and musical set arrangements, relevant practices or meetings, and worship service assignments and expectations.
- To reproduce, or oversee the reproduction of, artists, musicians, and technicians of various types for the future expansion of Jesus’ church.
- To exhibit strong knowledge of sound, video, and projection technology.
The requirements of the Venue Worship Leader position are:
- To individually pray and practice for rehearsals and Sunday worship services.
- To plan musical worship sets.
- To lead mid-week rehearsals.
- To schedule teams for Sunday worship service production, including setup/breakdown, sound, lighting, and musical worship.
- To oversee Sunday worship service production, including managing setup/breakdown, sound, and lighting, and leading musical worship.
- To mentor and train “apprentice” musicians and technicians.
The Venue Worship Leader:
- Reports to the Campus Pastor under the authority of the Session.
- Leads with deference to the Reynolda Church Pastor for Worship.
- Is an hourly, part-time position.
- Will require 15-20 hours per week.