Evangel Mission: To raise-up fully devoted followers of Christ who are love-with-skin-on for a hurting world.
Overview: This full-time (40 + hours per week) Student Ministry Pastor is responsible for the overall leadership, administration, and direction of middle school, high school and college-age students. They are a leader of leaders, not just
a doer. They must be able to inspire, delegate, and build and maintain ministry teams and is responsible to develop ministry budgets. This position reports to the Senior Pastor.
- Develop and oversee all church ministries for middle school, high school and college-age students bringing them to a deeper faith and commitment to Christ.
- Create a safe place of belonging in which all students are encouraged, motivated and uplifted.
- Plan and organize all student ministry programs in the church, including Christian education, discipleship activities, social events, outreach and service projects.
- Establish strong and effective relationships with parents and families within the congregation and local community.
- Recruit and train student ministry volunteers in all three areas (middle school, high school and college).
- Develop and monitor the student ministries program budget.
- Keep current in recent trends and innovations in church leadership and in other related fields through personal and professional development strategies.
- Serve as liaison between Evangel and the schools attended by youth in our church. Develop a regular schedule where you visit students at their school during school-approved times.
- Provide guidance and counseling to church youth and parents as needed, to ensure academic, spiritual, emotional, social and physical wellness.
- Develop a growth plan for students that ensure we as a church are offering a well-balanced discipleship program. This growth plan should be intentional in building a solid foundation for the next season of their life.
- Develop youth leadership teams that model the adult leadership infrastructure within the larger church.
- Plan and conduct special events (camps, retreats, love-with-skin-on projects, mission’s trips, etc.) for middle school, high school and college aged students.
- Maintain youth room facility and equipment.
- Strategically disciple college students in a way that they integrate easily into the life of the church upon graduation.
A born-again, Spirit-filled believer, walking in progressive sanctification and obedience to God’s Word. Well-groomed, a self-starter who works well with people. Someone who is organized and committed to integrity, excellence, and innovation. If married,
we expect the marriage to be in Biblical order, and that your spouse be supportive of your work in this place. It is expected that employees of Evangel and their dependent family members will attend regular and special church-wide services of the church. This
person is a leader of leaders, not just a doer. While he or she must have the core competencies and be able to perform all of the ministry responsibilities, the only way Evangel will see more people saved and discipled is if this person also has the ability
to inspire volunteers, to delegate, and to build and maintain ministry teams.
- 4-year Bachelors degree from accredited College or University.
- At least 5 years full-time youth ministry experience.
- Strong Leader.
- Passionate about evangelism.
Prefer but not required:
- Experience with homeschoolers
- Able to produce high quality graphics and video
- Technically savvy (Intelligent Lighting, Audio, Visual, etc.)
ABOUT THE CHURCH/AREA
Evangel Assembly is an Assemblies of God church located in Tallahassee, FL. We average 500 in attendance between two Sunday services. Our pastor has been here for 10 years and we’ve experienced significant growth since his arrival. Tallahassee has a metro
population of about 350,000 people with approximately 80,000 of them college students. We are 6 months into a partnership with the Healthy Church Network, which is walking us through a 2-year process to help our church move to the next level.
HOW TO APPLY
You can apply by emailing your pdf resume and cover letter to Ryan Kramer at email@example.com. Please include a family picture. No phone calls please.