This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Harmony Hill Baptist Church
Lufkin, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 10/29/2008
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
The fellowship of Harmony Hill is currently seeking a full-time Student Pastor. Our church has adopted the motto “Every student matters.” Our church has approximately 850 regular attendees in a county of over 100,000 people. Our student ministry is made up of 6th -12th graders and currently has about 90 students attending weekly. In addition, there are approximately 20+ adults who serve in this ministry.
The purpose of the Student Pastor is to lead the spiritual formation process for middle school and high school students. This is a pastoral role that calls for a mission mindset in growing the ministry through reaching the un-churched students in Angelina County.
The right candidate will be a spiritually mature Christ-follower who is creative and humble, and has a passion for the teenagers and their parents. The Student Pastor will develop healthy relationships with parents and guardians of all students, providing resources for them to assist in their growth as Christian parents and to counsel with them when needed.
The Student Pastor will build and lead teams of students and adult volunteers, utilizing their gifts so that the ministry is shared and expanded. A proven track record of effective leadership in Student Ministry is essential.
The Student Pastor should meet the following personal and spiritual qualifications:
- Be able to express a personal salvation experience of faith in Jesus Christ
- Must have integrity, high moral values, and be able to express a “genuine call” to serve God and His church in the particular capacity
- Must be a licensed or ordained minister
- Meet qualifications as stated in 1 Timothy 3:1-7
- College education and preferably a degree from seminary or the equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of part-time or full-time experience serving in a Student Ministry leadership role
- A high level of motivation and personal accountability
- Follows the Biblical model of stewardship through tithing
- A team player with a high energy level and readiness to take on this significant challenge
- Must reflect and duplicate the heart of the Senior Pastor
- Must have the ability to plan, budget, delegate, and meet deadlines on time
- Must be in full agreement with the doctrine and teachings of the church
The Student Pastor is responsible for providing leadership and training for the teenagers and for those adults who serve in Student Ministry.
The following list outlines the general responsibilities of the Student Pastor:
1. Lead all aspects of the Student Ministry
2. Teach and guide students in living the life of a Christ-follower
3. Coordinate student activities, outreach projects, summer camps, and mission opportunities
4. Oversee all details of weekly Student Ministry services
5. Funnel the vision of the Senior Pastor within the vision of the Student Ministry
6. Recruit and equip volunteer leaders for middle school and high school ministries
7. Seek and build strong leaders and effective ministry teams
8. Oversee the budget and financial decisions for the Student Ministry
9. Clearly communicate vision and strategy on a consistent basis
10. Be informed of trends and culture as they relate to students
11. Establish systems of excellence within all aspects of Student Ministry
12. Connect with and build relationships with area Student Pastors and leaders
13. To perform other duties as assigned