Can you equip others for reproducible disciple making? Harvest Community Church of Huntersville, NC, seeks a godly Associate Pastor to assist our Senior Pastor in pastoral ministry (esp. pastoral administration), equip leaders and teams for ministry, and oversee assimilation. Masters degree and at least 3 years experience in a multi-staff setting preferred. A profile of our congregation and current staff team follows below.
**Please do not apply by posting your resume to churchstaffing.com, but by following these directions:
- A cover letter that introduces yourself and your rationale for applying: why are you interested in this position, and why do you believe that you are someone who will bring significant value to it?
- Resume, including at least three references and a recent photo of yourself and family (if applicable)
- Doctrinal statement and philosophy of ministry
2. Please email and send hard copies of your application package, using the information below:
- Email to: StaffSearch@HarvestCharlotte.com
- Mail to: Harvest Community Church, Attn: Associate Pastor Search Team, 13301 Eastfield Rd., Huntersville, NC 28078
Applications are encouraged by April 15, 2013 but are open until the position is filled. We will communicate with every applicant concerning the status of his application. Thank you for your interest in the Associate Pastor position at Harvest Community Church.
The Associate Pastor will have three primary areas of responsibility:
1. Assist Senior Pastor in pastoral ministry
-Cover for Senior Pastor as needed (weddings, funerals, preaching, etc.)
-Help shepherd the congregation
-Participate as a team member with staff, elders and leadership community to help shape vision
2. Equip leaders and teams for ministry
-Oversee and develop Family ministry (children, marriage, parenting, whole family)
-Coordinate and support leaders in Adult ministry "Teams on Mission" (co-ed community groups, Men's ministry, Women's ministry, Outreach ministries - ESL, tutoring, international students & scholars, etc.)
3. Assimilation (develop and oversee an assimilation process that helps people move from being visitors to committed members who are equipped and deployed for ministry)
Some of the qualities we are looking for in the Associate Pastor are:
- Integrity and a dynamic walk with God; must meet the biblical qualifications for elders in the Pastoral Epistles
- Commitment to Harvest vision and philosophy of ministry
- Demonstrable commitment to personal and corporate prayer
- Team player (ability to work well with existing staff team and to inspire trust in lay leaders)
- Administrative gifts
- Leadership style: equipping others for reproducible discipleship (we do not seek someone who will simply lead ministries but one who will develop leaders for ministry)
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Forward-thinking: able to help shape strategies that will fulfill the vision
- Good communicator
- Ability to multi-task: if having a lot of balls in the air at one time is stressful to you, this is not the job for you.
- Someone who lives on mission for God personally and is able to equip others to do the same
Harvest Community Church was founded in 1996 with the vision to develop people into followers of Jesus Christ with a passion to worship God well and communicate his love to others. Our philosophy of ministry is summed up by six pillars: worship, disciplemaking, biblical community, Scripture, prayer, and being grace-oriented. Our ministry strategy is to evangelize unbelievers, establish them in the faith, and equip and deploy them for ministry. Worship services are marked by participation in worship, expository preaching, and prayer.
Approximately 350 people (or 150 family units) consider Harvest their church home. Our church campus is located on twenty-six acres that God gave us (literally) in Huntersville, NC, just north of Charlotte. In fact, most members of our fellowship live in the thriving University City area of Charlotte. The population of this area is predominately Caucasian, and our body reflects that, but we embrace and are growing in diversity. Along with African Americans, Harvesters include brothers and sisters from China, Germany, India, Jamaica, Malaysia, Nigeria, the Philippines, Romania, South Africa, Taiwan, Thailand, and Trinidad and Tobago. A wide range of ages is represented in the congregation, from young families to senior adults. Our missionary staff of thirteen families includes five who have been equipped and deployed from our congregation to another field: Justin Barber (East Asia), Leslie Godshall (Senegal), David Hancock (Peru), Ellis and Vicki Lineback (Send Media), and Tom and Sheri Muma (Chad). Two other families are in the process of planning and preparing for vocational ministry currently: Micah and Ruth Anna Chin (camp ministry) and Steve and Kim Thompson (church planting in New England).
Current Staff and Elders
Our current staff team includes our founding and Senior Pastor (Jerry Barber), Worship & Student Pastor (Dean Pyle), Student Ministry Intern (Brooks Kisiah), Administrative Assistant (Jan Mott) and Treasurer (Heidi Reckard). This staff opening was created in February 2013 when God led our Associate & Men’s Pastor of fifteen years (Jeff Kisiah) to become national director for Man in the Mirror. A team of elders provides oversight for and shepherding of the congregation.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Associate Pastor of MinistriesBethel EC Church
- Dixon, Illinois
- October 24
Associate Pastor for Small Groups and AdministrationCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Pastor to MenCompass Church
- Salinas, California
- October 20
Discipleship PastorBethel Church
- Owatonna, Minnesota
- October 19