This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Music and Worship
Evangelical Free Church of Diamond Bar
Diamond Bar, California, United States
Date Posted: 10/27/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Description: Director of Music and Worship
1. Prepare and lead weekly worship services in cooperation with the Senior Pastor.
2. Develop various musical teams including worship bands, worship choirs and worship teams. Prepare and lead music, band and choir rehearsals.
3. Enlist and train people to serve in the worship ministry including ushers, technology, stage craft, and other support ministries.
4. Schedule, prepare, and lead holiday programs and special events including Christmas, Easter and other seasonal events.
5. Assist with other musical activities including weddings, funerals, and memorial services.
6. Work under the supervision of the senior pastor and in cooperation with other church leaders and staff.
7. Fulfill other responsibilites given by the senior pastor and church leadership.
Qualifications: This person should have gifts, abilities and experience leading worship services. He should be able to lead the worship band. He should be able to work well with other people, developing their gifts and abilities. He should be able to shepherd and disciple the people under his care. This person should have adequate training, education, and experience in the field of music and worship.
Salary and Benefits: This is a part-time position requiring 20 hours per week. This includes 5 hours Sunday morning, 3 hours Wednesday evening for choir and praise team rehearsals, 2-3 hours Thursday evening for band rehearsals, 2 hour staff meeting, 2-4 hours a week for preperation and study. Starting salary will be $2,000 per month and will be reviewed annually.