The Shepherd’s Staff has partnered with a growing church near Baltimore, MD to launch a national search for their Director of Operations to support and help implement the church’s Mission, Vision and Core Values while
directly managing the day-to-day operations of the church staff, finances, offices and facilities, as well as contributing to the on-going development and functionality of our volunteer based ministry teams.
This position will oversee the Management Team, work in conjunction with the Church Treasurer and be a key leader to provide long-term strategies for the church’s operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES - To work in the following areas listed in order of priority:
Management of the day-to-day Operations
The Director of Operations will have management responsibilities for all staff, except Ordained/Called Pastors, Ordained/Called Assistant Pastors, and Director level staff
Building & Property
Lead a designated Management Team in providing ongoing coordination of ministry teams and operations that are aligned with our Mission, Vision and Values.
GIFTS & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Understands and is able to manage and work with volunteers in a church environment
- Able to train and coach others to carry out personal ministry
- Leadership skills: lead staff and teams (motivate, delegate, conflict resolution)
- Strong people coordination, delegation and organizational skills
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Technology skills that include understanding of Microsoft Office products, Email usage and preferably Website management.
- Growing; evidences daily dependence on the grace of God in life and ministry
- Family life in order
- Open about sin and weakness as well as strengths; open to correction
- Demonstrates Christian faith, values and character
- Encourages spiritual growth in others
- Theological views must be consistent with those of the church
- Theology is incarnated in his life (not just stored in his mind)
- Informed of, and “largely subscribing” to, the basic system of theology in the Westminster Confession of Faith (e.g., exception might be baptism, other particulars, etc.)
Understands and lives out the church’s Mission, Vision and Core Values
Committed to excellence
- Five or more years experience as Operations Manager (or equivalent) in a corporate environment, with preference given for candidates with non-profit or large church experience
- Familiarity with the following areas desired: IT, Facilities, Accounting, Communications, Office Management.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Responsibilities in financial control and management of spending
This summary is not comprehensive, but it is designed to give you a taste of what the church and the position are about. If you are reading this and responding strongly to
the opportunity, you should let us know. Full details are available to you after an initial discussion with The Shepherd’s Staff. Here is a direct link to the information with instructions:
Questions: Contact CrystalTafuro@TheShepherdsStaff.com
Presented by The Shepherd's Staff (www.TheShepherdsStaff.com)
Position: Director of Operations
Location: Baltimore Area, MD
Church Size: 800+
Direct Link to Position: http://tinyurl.com/a5z4kyy
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Campus Pastor (12123)The Shepherd's Staff
- Southwest U.S., Arizona
- July 3
Discipleship Minister (12101)The Shepherd's Staff
- Southeastern US, South Carolina
- July 3
Human ResourceRidge Point Community Church
- Holland, Michigan
- July 2
St John Baptist Church - Executive PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Columbia, Maryland
- June 30
Marketing Communications ManagerCrosstimbers Community Church
- Argyle, Texas
- June 29
The Shepherd's Staff
The Shepherd’s Staff is an executive search firm dedicated to helping North American churches hire the staff required to keep growing. Our confidential ‘network of networks’ enables us to significantly increase the number of qualified candidates available to churches for key hires.More...