The Youth Leader will be responsible for developing and administrating all aspects of the Youth Ministry of MLEFC. This position is responsible for the discipleship of the students through teaching and living out the gospel, through the execution of programs
and events, and by participating in the day-to-day lives of our youth. The Youth Leader will also oversee and provide support for the Children’s Ministry.
- The first priority of the Youth Leader is to build and develop relationships with all the youth of MLEFC.
- Participate weekly in community and/or school events involving the youth of MLEFC and their friends.
- Actively seek to be involved in the lives of our students outside the walls of our church.
- Friends of our students and guests to weekly programs will feel welcomed, valued and loved.
- Help to build relationships between youth and other adults in the church.
- Recruit and develop a leadership team to assist with Youth Ministry.
- Live a life that reflects a deep love for Jesus Christ.
- Present the gospel to youth in a way that is relevant to a teenager’s life and culture.
- Youth will be growing spiritually as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- A curriculum is in place for youth ministry, and curriculum resources for each year are selected at least one month before the school year begins.
- The weekly programs (Sunday School, youth group, etc) are growing in participation, enthusiasm and excellence.
- Organize events (retreats, camps, outreach, etc) that foster an atmosphere of fun, fellowship and community, while enticing the youth to invite their friends who do not attend MLEFC.
- Oversee, give guidance and support Children’s Ministry leaders. Help create a seamless transition from one grade to another for children and youth.
- Communicate well with the church at large about all Youth Ministry events and programs.
- All leaders and volunteers in Youth Ministry will be receiving ongoing training to do their work to the best of their God-given ability.
- Expenses for current year are being tracked, and a budget for the coming year is proposed to the leadership as requested.
- Education: Undergraduate degree
- Experience: Should have at least two years experience working with youth
- Knowledge: Knowledge of the Bible, knowledge of how the gospel relates to every area of life, agreement with beliefs and vision of MLEFC
- Communicate the gospel with effectiveness.Self-starter. Able to implement a discipleship process. Execute events and trips involving multiple details and volunteers. Maintain healthy relationships with coworkers, youth, parents, and volunteers. Maintain
accurate database of youth, volunteers, and parents. Model to others what it means to live as a missionary in our local context. Continue to grow as a disciple of Jesus Christ despite chaotic demands of ministry.
- In addition to programs that take place on the grounds of the church and in the homes of members, much of the work of the Youth Leader will require work that takes place away from the office.
Please send all resumes (and questions) to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!