Imagine a place where the arts, sports, and a robust college town combine to create one of the most unique and sought after communities in the Midwest. Our multigenerational congregation is located blocks from the University of Kansas and worships
in a newly remodeled 100 year old building in downtown Lawrence. Our mission is to "Engage and Embrace all people as we seek to Embody Christ."
- Impact the children of our community with the message of Christ’s love for them from birth through 5th grade.
- Provide a safe, positive, nurturing and age appropriate learning environment.
- Have each child know that God is real and that a personal relationship with Him gives meaning to life.
- Help children feel a warm sense of belonging to their Church family and to ensure each child feels welcome and wanted.
- Prepare children to discover their uniqueness, spiritual giftedness and eventually God’s mission for their lives.
- Have a passion to share the love of God to all of God’s children.
- Have knowledge of different models of ministry and a firm grasp in their theology.
- Have prior experience in childhood education, with preferred emphasis on Christian Education.
- Have experience in a large church structure and in children’s ministry.
- Have the ability to recruit families, staff and volunteers.
- Have the ability to effectively and concisely communicate with people of all ages, in one-on-one settings, large group settings and written communication.
- Have the ability to effectively prioritize workload and organize the resources of the church.
- Possess a team oriented attitude.
To learn more about our church and a full job description, please visit our website at