The Part Time (20 hrs/wk) Contemporary Worship Leader will participate in the overall staff team emphasis of discipleship and disciple-making with particular emphasis given to: developing and implementing dynamic, meaningful contemporary worship services;
giving leadership and oversight to the contemporary worship bands; resourcing creative and innovative dimensions of congregational and community life that equip people with leadership, witnessing, and life-celebration skills; and developing, overseeing, and
enhancing a team-approach to ministry that empowers the Church to fulfill its mission and vision.
Minimum position expectations: specialized training / experience in worship design and leadership (college degree in music/music ministry preferred); experience and/or education in the music field with skills in musical direction with facility in “contemporary”/alternative
styles; instrumental and vocal skills; composition/ arranging abilities; ability to lead and work in a team; technical skills for working with computer / projectors.
While candidate does not need to be a United Methodist in background, he/she must be able to support and work within the mission, vision, values and focus of St. Mark’s United Methodist Church as well as within the doctrinal standards of the United Methodist
Spiritual Gifts: Pastor/shepherd, Exhortation, Evangelism, Prophecy, Teaching, Mercy (or others in combination with these)
Personality Traits: Expresser – leader, “Promoter,” Compassionate, Values Integrity, Mature, Heart for building up the Body of Christ, Heart for those not yet connected with God
Passion for: Drawing people into the presence of a loving, healing, forgiving, challenging, life-celebrating God; creating a worship environment that is safe and inviting for those who are seeking a relationship/deeper connection with God; the arts and
their expression as vehicles for worshipping God; helping artists develop as disciples of Jesus Christ.
Position is Part-Time, 20 hours per week
- Lead the congregation in worship at the 9:15 am contemporary worship service every Sunday (time off pre-arranged with Pastor of Worship & Care excluded); provide worship leadership at other services and events as necessary.
- Rehearse the worship bands on a weekly basis, including instrumentalists and vocalists, in preparation for Sunday worship services.
- Prepare for worship band rehearsals with the choosing of appropriate music, writing of charts, creation of loop-based music, and dissemination of charts and other necessary performance elements to band members.
- On a weekly basis, engage in a team approach for the preparation of worship services with the Senior Pastor, Pastor of Worship & Care, Creative Worship Team, and Technology Team.
- Supervise / disciple / mentor / coach / equip the members of the worship bands.
- Oversee and facilitate the development of new worship leadership groups as the need for these are identified.
- Cast the vision for worship ministries so as to invite laity participation. Seek out those gifted to serve in the worship bands and invite them to utilize their gifts in the leading of worship.
- Regularly evaluate the worship bands so as to keep them aligned with the church's mission, vision, values and focus.
- Use your other God-given spiritual gifts in so much as they enhance the overall ministry and mission of the church, including, but not limited to musical composition, arranging, and recording, in order to deepen and enrich the worship experience of the
- Carry out all ministry in the greater context of the church's discipleship / disciple-making emphasis, providing pastoral care to worship team members, and nurture the overall team health of the worship bands, staff, and laity.
Apply to Pastor David Woolverton, Senior Pastor, St. Mark's United Methodist Church -- email@example.com .
Church's website - www.stmarksmtjoy.com