Evangelical Free Church of Bloomington-Normal is seeking to fill its full-time Pastor of Youth & Families position, which opened when the current Y&F Pastor was promoted to a newly created pastoral position within the church.
He will have a philosophy of ministry which encompasses the whole family, not just teenagers. He will work with parents and youth from 6th-12th grade, providing opportunities, tools and motivation for families to live out their faith, and for parents to see themselves as their children’s primary faith nurturers. He will champion long-term initiatives and structures that will help families with teenagers live out their faith at church, home and school. He will think and plan strategically for both numeric and spiritual growth. He will join a ministry staff of 5 others, working as a team member to fulfill the church’s goals and mission.
This position is a great opportunity at a healthy church that is seeking God’s direction to find the right person to take the Y&F ministry to the next level.
• Evidence of a vital relationship with Jesus, exhibiting a contagious Christian character, which would include being a role model at home to his wife and children (if applicable).
• Be in agreement with our denomination’s (Evangelical Free Church of America) Statement of Faith, and E-Free of Bloomington's core values.
• Able to filter decisions and information through the lens of being a member of staff team.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills – verbal and written. Competent administrative and organization skills.
• 4-year Bachelor’s degree.
• Ministry experience.
• Ability to develop structures and systems that will help Christian parents and teens grow deeply in a holistic way, while also doing the same in reaching out effectively to non-believing families.
• Strong vision for what it will take to serve, reach and grow parents and teens for Jesus Christ.
Prefer but do not require:
• Master’s degree.
• 3 years of leadership in youth and/or family ministry. (Consideration will be given to equivalent combination of experience and education.)
• Experience in a multi-staff environment at a medium or large size church.
• Spiritual gift mix that includes leadership, evangelism, shepherding and teaching.
• Personality traits that include being creative, energetic, organized and driven.
• Recruits, retains, resources, trains and mentors Youth Ministry Coordinators.
• Builds, leads and mentors a leadership team to provide overall leadership (vision, direction and growth) of ministry to families with youth.
• Oversees on-going Youth Ministry programs (Sunday mornings, mid-week, small groups, outreach events, youth mission trips, social action projects, etc.)
• Show strong ability to work in a ministry team setting.
• Commitment to developing key student leaders.
• Ensures parents and students are engaged in and informed about opportunities.
• Oversees safety and security regarding Youth & Family Ministry.
• Oversees and is responsible for Youth & Family Ministry budget.
E-Free is a church home for 775 people with an average attendance of 550 per week, worshipping at three separate services - 1 traditional and 2 contemporary. The youth group consists of 100 students, with an average attendance of 60 per week.
Bloomington-Normal, Illinois is a vibrant community, home to over 125,000 people who exemplify traditional Midwestern lifestyle and values. Money Magazine named Bloomington-Normal on its list of 100 Best Places to Live in America.
You can apply via ChurchStaffing or by emailing a cover letter and your resume to: YFSearch(at)efreebn.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student Ministry Director/ PastorUniontown Bible Church
- Union Bridge, Maryland
- July 30
Launch Team MemberRenew Church
- Washington Court House, Ohio
- July 30
Executive Family PastorRiver Pointe Church
- Richmond, Texas
- July 29
Student Ministry PastorRiver Pointe Church
- Richmond, Texas
- July 29
Director of Youth MinistryMiddletown United Methodist Church
- Louisville, Kentucky
- July 29
Evangelical Free Church
We are affiliated with the Evangelical Free Church of America – a denomination of over 1,700 churches around the world. The term Evangelical refers to our commitment to the Gospel, and to the authority of the Bible as the only safe and sufficient guide for faith and practice. The term Free refers to the autonomy that local churches have in the denomination. That is, each church in the denomination is free to govern themselves.More...