First Presbyterian Church of Glen Ellyn, IL
Director of Worship Ministries (DWM) and Traditional Worship Leader
Lead the Worship Department and Sunday Morning Worship
- As Director and Department Head, set the vision for all worship and creative ministries
- Collaborate with Senior Pastor on Order of Worship for Modern and Traditional Services
- Lead and protect the spiritual integrity of the Worship Department
- Keep the congregation centered on Christ through a musical selection and a leadership lifestyle that honors Him
- Oversee the Modern Worship Leader and other staff/volunteers
- Communicate/Coordinate: Charts, media, audio files. Lead worship planning meetings and attend staff and monthly Worship Council meetings.
- Schedule/rehearse/teach/train/mentor existing musicians. Schedule and manage guest artists.
- Identify and develop musicians spiritually and technically
- Provide for training and supervision of audio engineers and video techs
- Arrange/Compose music selections and integrate a variety of styles
Qualifications and Proficiencies
- Excellent lead vocalist talent
- Excellent instrumental musicianship
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong audio engineering abilities
- Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills
- Planning Center
- ProPresenter or MediaShout
- Logic or ProTools
- Competency regarding lighting and sound design
$50,000 to $65,000 annual salary depending on experience; benefits including health insurance, vacation, and 403(B) retirement plan.
It is understood that the DWM places his/her relationship with Jesus first, lives out values rooted in scripture, should be in basic agreement with the congregation’s philosophy of ministry, has an understanding of Reformed theology and is passionate about
sharing the gospel.