Children’s Ministry Mission Statement
The Children’s Ministry exists to love, teach and inspire local children in order that they and their families will love God, lead like Christ and confidently live the Christian faith.
Love, Lead, Live
Reporting to the senior pastor the Director of Children’s Ministry:
- Demonstrates a LOVE for Jesus Christ, children and families.
- LEADS the children’s ministry (infant through 5th grade} and directs the implementation of its mission for the children’s programs, spiritually preparing children for growth in their faith.
- LIVES out the values of
- Welcoming Ministry
- Intentional Christian Discipleship
- Guides weekly programs; Sunday School, SPARK (mid-week afternoon ministry), Junior Worship, Nursery.
- Oversees regular and special children and family programming; Vacation Bible School, Family Camp and others.
- Selects biblically-based curriculum that shepherds children through a well defined, age appropriate education in the faith.
Volunteer Recruitment and Training
- Recruits volunteers and encourages them to use their talents and gifts for the children’s ministry.
- Trains and supervises volunteers to be sure they are equipped lead children and are aware of church’s policies.
- Coordinates retention, rotation, review and recognition of volunteers.
Relationships with Families
- Shepherds and helps parents develop their own relationships with Jesus Christ and our church community.
- Actively engages families in the children’s ministry
- Work with Pastoral Staff in developing a system to equip parents for parenting, family worship and discipleship.
- Develops and carries out comprehensive, timely and regular communication for the Children’s Ministry to the Church Community, using all available and appropriate methods.
Collaboration with Staff and Other Ministries
- Works closely with other staff members and ministry leaders to carryout coordinated programming in line with the Church’s mission.
- Adheres to all church policies, creates and manages ministry budget, and is an active participant all staff functions.
Other duties as assigned by Senior Pastor.
- Passion for children’s ministry
- Strong grounding in the Christian Faith, reformed theology and the stories of the Bible
- Proven leadership and management skills including the recruiting of volunteer staff
- 3-5 years experience in Children’s Ministry or other Educational environment
- Teaching and training experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Team player
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience