Bethany is a conservative, evangelical fellowship that the Lord is continuing to bless! We are the largest Church in the Northeast Conference and we are growing!! We are looking for an exciting, dynamic person to lead our Youth into a deeper relationship
with Jesus Christ.
JOB TITLE: Youth Director, if ordained Youth Pastor
SCHEDULE: Full-Time (50 hour work week) / Exempt
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
JOB RESPONSIBILTY: To support Bethany Church’s mission to Love, Obey and Proclaim Jesus Christ. The position accomplishes this through a focus on leadership in youth ministry – bringing the Gospel to students within 6th through
12th grade and Discipling student believers.
JOB PURPOSE: To develop vision with the Lead Pastor for the youth ministry, consistent with plans for the overall church. Lead the ministry toward that vision progressively. It acts as part of a Discipleship Team for coordinated Christian
education development throughout all demographics and life stages.
- Organize and lead adult volunteers and peer staff members to carry out weekly Middle High and Senior High Discipleship and Fellowship programs, and Sunday morning education courses.
- Conduct weekly Confirmation classes and support students’ progression toward Confirmation, each October through May.
- Work within the Church’s overall Discipleship Team to execute cross-functional ministries, utilizing own skills, talents and Spiritual Gifts effectively in complement to other team members. This includes support of small group activity across all ages,
event planning and execution, public relations & communications, volunteer recruitment, participation in goal setting and action planning, and other activity.
- On each weekend participate either directly in the worship services or in education classes or a mixture of both.
- Regularly work with adults in developing their student ministry leadership skills, as well as, leadership skills among the students themselves. Seek regular mentoring for own leadership skills.
- Other duties and initiatives as requested by the Lead Pastor, and/or Ministry Leadership Team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with leadership training and practice. Preferred – seminary training with degree.
- Preferred – 4-6+ years active involvement in a Christian youth ministry, and 3-4+ years active leadership in a Christian youth ministry.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Effective written and oral communication.
- Action-orientation and self-starter.
- Ability to relate to a wide variety of personalities and styles, while maintaining a positive experience and “customer focus” for the other person.
- Excellence in public speaking and group facilitation.
- Knowledge of the Scriptures and ability to apply them in teaching and relational settings.
- Good recruiter of unpaid servants through relational ministry.
- Must approach ministry and others as a servant leader, and be a versatile team player.
- Computer proficiency, with Microsoft Office experience
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested
by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.