Full Time Youth Pastor (Jr High/High School)
Purpose: To minister to youth who are already part of our congregation and to those who visit our church, and moreover to the larger community of Alexandria and surrounding areas.
To provide well balanced and planned opportunities for youth ages Jr. High through High School. The goal is to help win the lost to Christ, and to help those who are Christians to mature in Christ and discover their Spiritual giftedness, talents, and abilities
God has entrusted with these youth.
The one word that describes and entails the concept of Youth Pastor is the word “Discipleship.”
Job Responsibilities will be as follows but not limited to:
1. Develop, promote and coordinate a balanced program of activities and discipleship ministry for the youth. Create, maintain, implement, and publicize a calendar of events.
2. Train and involve youth and youth leaders in an outreach program to reach unsaved youth.
3. Plan yearly youth emphasis (I.e. Youth Week, Youth revivals, Assist with teaching Sunday school, all ages, etc.) to involve youth in areas of the church leadership.
4. Involve youth in the ministry of mission trips and projects in our denomination, in our community, surrounding areas, in our state, country and possibly outside our country throughout the year.
5. Must be available to greet and welcome families to the church each Sunday morning prior to Sunday school and between Sunday school and Worship. Be present in Worship and visible to the congregation. The presence of the Youth Pastor and availability for
events of the church is essential to helping the youth be involved in the community of his or her congregation.
6. Ministry to the parents as well as their youth is equally important. Be available to them to encourage them and to assist with special occasions in their child’s life.
7. Support the Youth and their other activities outside of church, such as being present and involved in his or her school, (i. e. sporting events, music events, dramas, and social events)
8. Enlist a balance of men and women adult sponsors/advocates to work alongside the Youth Pastor. Offer training and support for them using resources available to you on a quarterly basis.
9. Have a knowledge and understanding of how the budget works for the Youth Ministry. Be able to make a budget to submit to Trustees for consideration each year.
10. Attend training opportunities in church and or at state and national levels.
Become aware of and have an understanding of American Baptist Churches of our region as well as take the opportunity to know the resource Center and what is offered for youth ministry.
11. Consistent communication should be maintained with the Sr. Pastor and be willing to fulfill other duties as assigned by him.