Position Summary: Working under the direction of the Family Pastor, the Children’s Director is responsible for giving direction to the overall educational and activities ministry of grades one through five, to promote evangelism and discipleship
by planning, coordinating, conducting and evaluating the children’s activities of the church.
- Ø Oversee Sunday morning small groups (Sunday School) for children grades one through five working with teachers to have the proper materials and activities to grow them in Christ.
- Ø Develop and work with a Children’s Ministry Team to help the church fully implement the Family Ministry Team plans and activities.
- Ø Direct the Upward Sports program by working with current and future leaders to help insure a quality outreach time for the community and our own children.
- Ø Oversee the AWANA Clubs program working with the Commander and Directors to maintain and grow the program to disciple the children.
- Ø Help plan and implement any children’s camps, programs or activities that will guide the families and their children to have a vibrant, disciple-making time of learning.
- Ø Work to implement the family oriented Children’s Ministry with the other areas of the church and provide training for teachers and parents as needed during the year.
- Ø Lead the children and their families to serve the Lord through activities and life events that will provide opportunities to show the love of Christ to our community.
- Ø Southern Baptist Convention experience or significant familiarity with Southern Baptists.
- Ø Agreement with The Baptist Faith and Message (for doctrinal agreement).
- Ø Conservative, Evangelical (so there is like-mindedness with the church and other pastors).
- Ø Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ø Work the necessary hours each week to handle Sunday and Wednesday programs as well as the other activities and events described in the position description.
- Ø Attend staff meetings on Tuesday mornings and any other staff meetings or training that is offered.
- Ø Work in unity with the staff to plan and implement the Family Ministry plan which includes going to conferences and doing various events during the year.
- Ø Attend any training and work with other churches to network and grow the Children’s Ministry and the family in a regional context.
- Ø Gives full support biblically to the Undesignated Budget of the church.
- Ø Adheres to the church bylaws and policies and procedures adopted by the church.
- Ø Maintains a vital and wholesome personal relationship with the Lord through daily Bible study and prayer.
- Ø Maintains proper priorities at home with spouse and children.
- Ø Have a positive attitude with a servant’s heart, able to work with and lead parents and leaders in a Christ honoring manner in all situations.
- Ø Works well with others in a team setting to accomplish goals and the purpose of the church.
- Ø Is able to be flexible and avoid gossip and disunity at all cost. Have a positive attitude in dealing with all circumstances and with all types of people.
- Ø A willingness to cooperate with the Family Pastor by performing other duties when asked to do so.
- Ø Education: College degree preferred, Seminary is helpful.
- Ø Experience: 3-5 years in Children’s Ministry, on staff or in leadership role.
- Ø Passion: Demonstrates a passion for Children’s Ministry.
- Ø Leadership: Ability and gifting to guide children in a variety of settings including; Sunday School, Super (Children’s) Church, Awana Clubs, Upward Sports, Vacation Bible School, as well as the ability to speak in larger groups and work with parents.
- Ø Have good time management skills and organizational abilities.
- Ø Be a multi-tasker who can discern, analyze, and wisely resolve ministry issues.
- Ø Have a core value of excellence.
- Ø Be detail oriented, flexible, and decisive, with the ability to organize and coordinate work, set priorities, delegate, build consensus, and meet deadlines.
- Ø Submit to the leadership and established policies and doctrine of the church.