Thomasville (GA) First United Methodist Church is looking for a full-time Director of Student Ministries. This position leads weekly youth programing throughout the year that focuses on fellowship, discipleship, and mission opportunities,
and should also include extensive summer programming. This person builds relationships with students in a way that models Christian discipleship and wisely uses the resources of the church, including volunteers, other staff members, and funding. The focus
being to create opportunities for our students to encounter Christ in a real way.
1) Passionately follows Christ and feels a calling to serve in student ministry.
2) Embraces United Methodist doctrine and theology.
3) Creates a balanced student ministry that includes worship, discipleship, mission, outreach, and fellowship.
4) Remains readily available to youth (attendance at extra-curricular events, visitation, times of crisis, etc.).
5) Effectively partners in ministry with youth, parents, other staff, volunteers, and small group leaders.
6) Possesses a bachelor’s degree.
The range of the salary and benefits package is $25,000-$35,000.
TFUMC, a growing 1200-member church, is community-centered and outreach-oriented. It is located in a vibrant 40,000-person community in southern Georgia. Thomasville is 30 minutes north of Tallahassee, FL, and less than two hours from Gulf coast beaches.
If interested, please send a resume, personal testimony, and three references (including at least one with knowledge of your spiritual life) to email@example.com or mail to:
ATTN: Tim Lehman
P.O. Box 975
Thomasville, GA 31799
Applications should be received by 5:00pm on Monday, March 18, 2013.