We are an independent evangelical church of over 1,000 worshippers who are committed to spreading the Word about Jesus Christ throughout Northwest Indiana and the world as they grow a community of Christ followers who are enjoying God together. The church is known for contemporary worship, relevant expository preaching, discipleship through small groups, a passion to win as many as possible for Christ and a commitment to overseas missions.
The Pastor of Spiritual Formation is the catalyst for fostering healthy spiritual, relational and numerical growth at the church for the glory of God and the advancement of His kingdom. The gifts of leadership, administration and teaching will be
essential for this position.
This job will require you to…
Provide Leadership for Spiritual Formation Communities
- Get people “plugged in” and growing through our small group Ministry. This is already a vital part of the life of Calvary Church, which needs continual oversight, and vision as the church grows.
- Develop and train leaders
- Oversee all aspects of biblical teaching in small groups
- Oversee the assimilation process in small groups
- Provide leadership and guidance for the men’s ministry
- Plan and oversee electives each calendar year, which includes themes of marriage, parenting, sexual purity, suffering, finances, and Biblical/theological intro (other themes can also be included).
- Develop a discipleship program to assist in the identification of upcoming leaders and their spiritual growth and development.
Provide Leadership for Pastoral Care / Counseling
- Develop and implement an overall vision and strategy that provides care, counseling and support to those in need in our congregation. Much of this will be done by identifying, training and equipping individuals in the church to counsel, also individually maintaining a healthy counseling load.
- Compassion Team. The Compassion team will focus on “mercy” ministries including visitation to those who are sick, shut-in, hospitalized, or struggling.
- Contribute to the vision and leadership of the church as a member of the staff and elder team.
- Participate in the regular worship services: by handling announcements and other portions of the service as well as developing an after service prayer / counseling team to oversee
- Weddings, funerals and some hospital visitiation
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Religion / Theology
- Seminary degree preferred
- Experience in a growing church, especially with small groups, assimilation and Spiritual Formation.
- Counseling Experience
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor, Adult GroupsPinelake Church
- Clinton, Mississippi
- January 20
Pastor of Life DevelopmentCrosswinds Church
- Oronoco, Minnesota
- January 19
Next Steps PastorBeach Church
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- January 19
Pastor of DiscipleshipMountain View Community Church
- Frederick, Maryland
- January 19
Discipleship PastorEngedi Church
- Holland, Michigan
- January 17
Calvary Church is an independent, evangelical Bible church located in Valparaiso, IN. We are committed to spreading the Word about Jesus Christ throughout Northwest Indiana and the world. Some distinctives that set Calvary apart from other churches include:
- Contemporary worship without compromising biblical theology
- Relevant, expository preaching
- Discipleship through small groups
- A passion to win as many as possible to Christ
- A commitment to overseas missions More...