This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Assistant Director of Music (Vocal/Choral)
San Clemente Presbyterian Church
San Clemente, California, United States
Date Posted: 10/16/2008
Categories: Non-ministry Jobs
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Part-Time
Full job description is available on the church website ( www.scpres.org) under Forms.
Working closely with staff and laity, under the direct supervision of the Executive Director of Worship and with the support of Worship Ministry Leadership, the Assistant Director of Music (Vocal / Choral) will:
• Prepare and conduct vocal / choral music for all worship services and worship ministry related events as assigned; creating desired vocal / choral effect as agreed upon.
• Provide musical direction and vocal technique coaching in order to develop the singing abilities of our vocalists and choirs; and equip / train our vocalists and choirs for worship leadership and ministry.
• Develop short and long-term strategic plans for vocal / choral ministry program goals that include:
1) new or different vocal / choral ministry opportunities as ministry grows;
2) research and recommendation of appropriate vocal / choral music for our worship services and other worship ministries related events.