The Director of Student Ministries provides leadership and spiritual shepherding for Cornerstone’s ministry to College students and young adults and when available or appropriate, their families. This position also oversees the Student Ministries including
5th grade through high school. They should develop vision and infrastructure for this area that is in keeping with the churches ministry strategies and philosophy. They should lead by example, and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family. They
should represent Christ and His church well in the community at large. They should be a team player and follow the biblical model of sacrifice by being willing to put the needs of others in front of their own. In all of their actions, they should be positive
and supportive of the Core Values and the Vision of our church. Please check out the job posting on our website for more information, www.cschandler.com.
• 3 years full time ministry experience (experience in a church of 1,000 or more preferred)
• Applicant should have experience leading student ministries including 5th grade-High School
• A successful track record of leading a Student or College Ministry of over 100
• As a minimum applicants should have an earned Bachelor’s Degree in an area of concentration that has equipped them for vocational ministry
• Applicants should have strengths in the following areas: leadership, administration, teaching, as well as strong relational abilities.
• Articulate in writing their philosophy of ministry and the strategy and steps that properly reflect that philosophy. Applicants should be able to demonstrate how they have already accomplished this in their current or past ministry settings.
• Align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship
• Enlist, equip, and empower a team of volunteers to own and lead the College Ministry and invest in the lives of College students
• Manage, invest in, develop, and coach a paid staff team
• Develop Student Leadership within the College Ministry in which students are learning to be the church and invest in people around them.
• Develop strategic initiatives to gain access to and earn the right to be heard on local college campuses
• Develop and execute an annual calendar of environments and events for the College Ministry that works in symmetry with the overall Student Ministry, and helps accomplish the vision and goals of the ministry. This would include, but not be limited to, both
on going large group and small group environments, mission trips, retreats, and outreach events.
• Successfully develop and nurture relationships with local College Faculty and Staff, students, volunteers, and the paid staff of the church.
• Serve as the primary teaching pastor for this area of ministry within the church
• Communicate the Gospel and biblical principles in a creative and culturally relevant manner to College Students
Interested parties should email their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org