Managing director of ministries
Asbury Church, located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, averages about 3000 in weekend worship attendance. We are theologically conservative with dynamic ministries engaging many of our members. Asbury is looking for a managing director of ministries. This position reports to the executive director and is therefore part of the senior leadership of the church. The managing director of ministries will cover global and local outreach, care and marriage, and some lay-led ministries. In addition to the leaders and staff of the ministries, there are other groups with which the director must work: management team, pastor team, lay councils and groups, and individual members as needed. This position participates in, and sometimes directly guides, development of comprehensive church strategies. Strong management experience of at least 10 years is required, preferably with some experience in nonprofits, though not required.
A director of ministries is part of the senior management team reporting to the executive director. Together with management of staff, this position must work extensively with non-staff lay leaders and ministry councils.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Full agreement with Asbury's vision and theology.
- Above average understanding of the Bible and theology.
- Membership at Asbury.
- Strong management experience with a proven track record in complex environments. Prefer experience in both for-profit and nonprofit organizations.
- Strategic thinking capability.
- Ability to understand and work within the big picture of Asbury's ministry goals.
- Effective at negotiating difficult situations without causing conflict. Ability to resolve conflict when it occurs.
- Comfortable working in Asbury's organizational model particularly relating to the role of pastors.
- A leadership style that can be successful in an environment in which decisions are not made top-down but rather are developed together with all constituencies.
- Temperament to work with the passion and nature of those in ministry positions.
- Effective communicator in writing and in public presentation.
- Some evening work is required. Some work is required on Sunday mornings
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Ravi Zacharias Ministry International - Director of MarketingChurchology Staffing
- Norcross, Georgia
- December 7
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Church of Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg, Virginia
- December 5
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CAMPUS DIRECTORNew Hope Community Church
- Cambridge, Minnesota
- December 3
Elementary Program LeaderCornerstone Fellowship
- Livermore, California
- December 2
Assiant to Children/Student PastorPeace UMC
- Pickerington, Ohio
- December 1
Vision: Developing all generations for significant lives in Christ
Marks of a Christian at Asbury
- Worship and obey Christ
- Learn and live out scripture
- Influence and invite others to follow Christ
- Steward time, skills and resources
- United with the Body of Christ